Modified Weather Warnings Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified Weather Warnings Script

When there are no warnings, it constantly logs the following error group. CheckCalendar.vbs???? What's that got to do with it? It does, however, log these 3 warnings EVERY time Weather Warnings.txt runs:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>4/2/2006 6:39:53 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script in background: Weather Warnings.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>4/2/2006 6:39:53 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>WARNING </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method. Source: Script_02-Apr-2006 07:50:00.4375_CheckCalendar.vbs</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>4/2/2006 6:39:53 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>WARNING </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method. Source: Script_02-Apr-2006 07:50:00.4375_CheckCalendar.vbs</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>4/2/2006 6:39:53 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>WARNING </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method. Source: Script_02-Apr-2006 07:50:00.4375_CheckCalendar.vbs</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

From the warning page it says:
    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 137 IN
    EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM EDT /1 AM CDT/ MONDAY FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS
    IN INDIANA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 39 COUNTIES ..........................
    Last edited by CJVann; April 2, 2006, 06:46 PM.

Just in case anyone is interested - I have a re-written version of the original WW script in VB.NET. There were a bunch of little things that had been bothering me so I re did it. I still have to update the ASP setup page and a few other little things. If I can get some time after getting the next Insteon beta out I'll post it to the updater for HS2.

Jon

Originally posted by CJVann
    When there are no warnings, it constantly logs the following error group. CheckCalendar.vbs???? What's that got to do with it? It does, however, log these 3 warnings EVERY time Weather Warnings.txt runs:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">4/2/2006 6:39:53 PM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Running script in background: Weather Warnings.txt</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">4/2/2006 6:39:53 PM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">WARNING </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method. Source: Script_02-Apr-2006 07:50:00.4375_CheckCalendar.vbs</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">4/2/2006 6:39:53 PM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">WARNING </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method. Source: Script_02-Apr-2006 07:50:00.4375_CheckCalendar.vbs</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">4/2/2006 6:39:53 PM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">WARNING </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method. Source: Script_02-Apr-2006 07:50:00.4375_CheckCalendar.vbs</td></tr></tbody></table>

From the warning page it says:
    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 137 IN
    EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM EDT /1 AM CDT/ MONDAY FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS
    IN INDIANA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 39 COUNTIES ..........................
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Any updates on this? Even the US Weather Warnings script is only reading the title from the XML file, and ignores the description. I'm sure I had one that was working, but have since lost that drive. :/

Thanks!

-Jim

Comment

Working...
      X