Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Modification History Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon00
    replied
    There is no change in format; probably just the way .asp and .aspx encode the pages differently. You may just need to copy/paste the text from the old to the new or use something like NotePad++ to change the page encoding of the original .csv.

The ini file entry was just added to prevent duplicate entries which can happen with the original code.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    So it looks like the date/time format from the original is different than the new. I also noticed now that there is a modhistory.ini as well as the csv file. It too has information in it that the csv file has... Why two files?

I'll need to work on converting it then...

Robert

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Yes I meant modhistory.csv.

Actually if you rename modhistory.csv temporarily and then add a new entry via the web page, does it display the date correctly?

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Jon, There's no modhistory.ini. Do you mean modhistory.csv?

I'm running on the rock solid .318. Never had a chance to jump to the latest yet.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Woiuld you be able to send me your Modhistory.ini file to look at?

Are you on the latest beta of HS3?

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Jon,
    I wanted to update my working modhistory.asp to your updated one, however there appears to be an issue in the output of the date as you can see.
    Looks like the space/tab character is getting interpreted to question marks.

Would you mind taking a look when you have time?

Thanks,

Robert
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by mwolter View Post
    Anyone know if this works on Linux? Just getting a blank page with the Device List top bar.
    There is a version compatible with Linux here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...34&postcount=7

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    ASP is not supported on Linux as it is based on VBScript. It would need to be converted to ASPX which works on Linux apart from Zee builds of HS3.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by mwolter View Post
    Anyone know if this works on Linux? Just getting a blank page with the Device List top bar.
    Have never tried it on linux, but will spin up my linux laptop and try it over the next few days.

Cheers
    Al

Leave a comment:

• mwolter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tom Kern
    replied
    Glad you guys found it useful I'll see if I can work on some of the enhancements I had planned.

The data is stored in this file: \config\ModHistory.csv

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    As a matter of interest...so I know what file to keep backup of....where is the data kept?

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Very nice util - thanks!

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    I have been looking for something like this for ages...thanks

Leave a comment:

• GreenAcres
    replied
    Thanks Tom works great..