Maintenance & Reminders Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintenance & Reminders Discussion

I had to change my version slightly to work for everyone, so please let me know if all is well.

Zip file can be found HERE
    -Tom

Visit Kernhome
    Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Tom,

I had your script running some time ago under version 1.7, and since the upgrade to 2.0 I have not had it working. I was glad to see the update for it.

I have run into a couple of issues.
    a) had to run the "maintenance.vbs("main","clearini")" to start fresh as I was getting Cint errors when trying to run the vbs script. Probably a good time to start over anyway.
    b) added in two devices and it maintained the info from reminder #1 all the way thru. No indication that I was now supposed to be entering in info for reminder #2. So both reminders showed the same info.
    c) when trying to add a new reminder, I am locked into using housecode M and between 1 and 16. I also do not have the drop down selection for the locations being populated. It does however allow me to type in a proper location.

Thanks in advance

Steven

Comment

Steven,

That makes sense about clearing the ini section first. I'd like to figure out where you are having trouble casting an integer. Did your existing ini's TotalDevices count match the number of MData keys? They should equal.

[Maintenance]
      TotDevices=5
      LogActivity=1
      AddHouseCode=M
      MData1=HVAC Filters:M1:06/20/2006:Awaiting Installation:2:Maintenance on June, 20th:
      MData2=Pool Chlorine:M2:10/15/2004:CLOSED:2:Change cartridge on September 3rd:
      MData3=Arm & Hammer:M3:7/1/2006:Awaiting Installation:7:Maintenance on April, 7th:
      MData4=Laundry Room Hoses:M4:10/31/2005isabled:7:Maintenance on Oct, 31st:
      MData5=1AND1 Contract:M5:01/01/2007:1AND1 Contract will expire on Jan 1st:10:1AND1 Contract will expire on Jan 1st:
      Schedule1=M:3
      Schedule2=
      Schedule3=M:3
      Schedule4=
      Schedule5=
      Disable1=0
      Disable2=1
      Disable3=0
      Disable4=1
      Disable5=0
      OkImage=/images/GreenCheckSmall.gif
      CheckImage=/images/BlankBkGrnd.gif

For your second question where it was carrying the first device through, does that mean you were using the script to reconfigure via input boxes? The configurator is supposed to allow you to choose which house and device codes you want for each device and I think it displays the current one you are editing in the titlebar. Also, I can't remember offhand, but I don't think it creates the devices for you. The ASP should read the AddHouseCode key above for which house code you are looking to use. The default if there is none specified is definitely "M", perhaps that is why it locked you into it.

Not sure about the locations, I'll have to look into how Stephan is populating that combobox.
      -Tom

Visit Kernhome
      Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

Anybody get this to work for 2.0 or higher? I tried running the script and NOTHING happens. Not sure if the script is bad...

Comment

What did the HS log say?

Comment

7/20/2006 10:20:48 PM Info Running script in background: Maintenance.vbs

I placed the script in the directory and created an event and RAN it. It seems like it does'nt do anything. The instructions say just to place that in the scripts and a could of GIFs in the HTML and the rest will be prompted to do...

Comment

Are you running the asp page to view the event?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I tried to run the asp page but it comes up with a bunch of error messages. This was after running the script.

Script error: Type mismatch: 'CInt' For i = 1 To CInt(NumDevices) KeyInfo = Trim(hs.GetINISetting("Maintenance", "MData" & CStr(i), ""))
                Last edited by bmora; July 21, 2006, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Guys.

This looks like what I'm after. Is there a Readme or like that details install / config / usage / features etc ?

Ta.

Comment

Ooops. Just read the header of Maintenance.vbs and found some info on how to use.

Ta.

Comment

Installed. Seems to be working as expected. Thanks.

Comment

i see that you can clear it but can someone help with exactly how to clear?
                        as above.. but how do you do it?

a) had to run the "maintenance.vbs("main","clearini")"

thanks
                        Jeff

oh I did delete the settings out of the ini manually... (settings.ini)
                        when the event is ran I get

11/14/2006 5:27:36 AM Info Event Trigger "Maintenance"
                        11/14/2006 5:27:36 AM Info Running script in background: Maintenance.vbs

Also in the localhostort/mainten.asp I have an error at the top of the page...
                        Maintenance Items
                        Script error: Type mismatch: 'CInt' For i = 1 To CInt(NumDevices) KeyInfo = Trim(hs.GetINISetting("Maintenance", "MData" & CStr(i), ""))
                        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

ok ok ok.. sometimes im a dufus...

seems that you have to be ON that machine..

I was trying this from my kitchen pc... I then went in the garage and had like 20 windows up asking me how many devices do I want to configure...!!!!!!!
                          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Don't be so hard on yourself, thats our job.

Comment

Pardon if this is a dumb question... But how do I mark a maintenance item as complete? For example, I set one up to repeat every 2 weeks. Now that I finished it yesterday, how do I reset it so the status no longer shows "needs changing"?

Comment

Working...
                              X