Looking for a way to ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a way to ?

I am looking for a way that the HS phone would ring and play a message. Does any one have a idea how this could be done? This would be great while I am out side with the portable phone and maybe the cable goes down, HS phone could ring the phone and play the message that the network was down.
    Even better if you have messages, it could try like once ever half hour or so to let you know you have messages. Just think that would be a good idea, but have no idea on how.
    Thanks for any help,
    danielbo
    danielbo

First of all you posted this request in the Script Library and no one can reply to this forum. I'll move it to the Script Library Discussion forum.

I don't have HSPhone installed at work so I can get specific but you should be able to setup a phone event to call you. The problem is it can't call you on your home phone line because that is what HSPhone uses to make the call but it could call you on your cell phone and read a message to you.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have an event like Rupp mentioned.

Line: Default Line 1
      Action: Dial phone number
      Number to dial: 555-1212 (you'd put the number here)
      Speak on Answer: This is a test from HomeSeer
      Speak and wait: I'm hanging up now

It works for me, but I'm not using it to call my cellphone. I'm sending an SMS message when needed.

I guess you could always run a speaker outsie that was connected to an instance of the Speaker App, and make messages for the yard come across it?

Ed

Comment

Ring the Homeseer Phone

Thank you for letting me know about the mistake and correcting it. Newbee... but learning.
        Would it ring the phones that is connected to the homeseer?
        I was able to find a way for it to call a number and speak, but needing for the home phone.
        If you find any information on how, please and thank you for letting me know how.

danielbo
        danielbo

Comment

Probably Possible

I think this is possible, but only if you are using the Hi-Phone telephone interface. I know this has the ability to ring the phones inside your house.

I don't think the PCI modem can ring the telephones in the house. Somebody, Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
            First of all you posted this request in the Script Library and no one can reply to this forum. I'll move it to the Script Library Discussion forum.
            Also with the most terrible possible title. How is anyone supposed to know what the thread is about from the title?
            News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Green
              Also with the most terrible possible title. How is anyone supposed to know what the thread is about from the title?
              Curiosity.

It made you read it, did it not!
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo
                I am looking for a way that the HS phone would ring and play a message. Does any one have a idea how this could be done? This would be great while I am out side with the portable phone and maybe the cable goes down, HS phone could ring the phone and play the message that the network was down.
                Even better if you have messages, it could try like once ever half hour or so to let you know you have messages. Just think that would be a good idea, but have no idea on how.
                Thanks for any help,
                danielbo
                Are you trying to get HS to alert you when the internal network goes down?

Certainly XP will alert if it does, therefore it should be simple to incorporate that trigger into DM so it alerts you. If thats what you are trying to do.
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Yes and Voice mail. I have it set up to turn a light on and off now. Just would like some type of recurring verbal alart and was thing the phone would be great, as if I was outside with the wireless phone.

I am sorry that some people did not like my title. After getting that to the point statement, that took more time to leave then it did to give a idea, I looked at the new posts as of last night and there was two almost just like mine. So I guess I have a mind like others do.

Thanks Gogs for taking the time to try to help me,

danielbo
                  danielbo

Comment

Working...
                  X