Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Issue Creating New Events, Console, 4 Month+ Recurring Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue Creating New Events, Console, 4 Month+ Recurring Event

Hello all,

I wrote some code, that will be executed when an OFF is given for a q2 virtual device. When that device turns off, the code is supposed to increment the date by 4 months, correct for day of the week (execut only on saturday +- 1week (as in the next comming Saturday or previous saturday at 4 months from now() ).

The issue I have is with VB syntax:

-------------------------------
    sub main()
    dim thisDay,dayNum,dayMon,newDate,temp
    thisDay = Day(now())
    dayNum = weekDay(now())
    thisMon = Month(now())
    thisYear = Year(now())

thisMon = thisMon + 4
    if thisMon > 12 then
    thisMon = thisMon - 12
    thisYear = thisYear + 1
    end if
    if dayNum <> 7 then 'make it a saturday for alert
    temp = thisDay + (7 - dayNum)
    if temp > 25 then
    thisDay = thisDay - (dayNum + 1)
    end if
    end if
    newDate = thisMon + "/" + thisDay + "/" + thisYear
    hs.NewTimeEvent "Britta Trigger", "8:00 AM",newDate,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,"q2n",1,""
    end sub

----------------------------

newDate = thisMon + "/" + thisDay + "/" + thisYear

This line is NOT being liked by Homeseer. It seems to complain that I am adding in the /

However to make the NewTimeEvent work, you need to add a date that follows the "system" format. Which I just pull out using now(), then increment 4 months. I don't need a really exact date, as the closest Saturday will work. Then when I finally change the filter, I click "OK" on a script, which resets q2 to off, and executes this script again, which 4 months from the date when the q2 was changed back to off, I should get another alert (when q2 goes to on, my Audreys have a script where they will perform an alert function using the mail LED).

Any thoughts as to why this does not seem happy?

Then, next step, one that runs ever 2 weeks to tell that the sheets need to be changed.

Thanks!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

ok, I'm a C++ guy...

VB apparently concatenates strings with & not +

Also, fixed some logic, in case anyone wants the "fixed" code:

'resets Britta Filter reminder every 4 months, on saturday only
    sub main()
    dim thisDay,dayNum,dayMon,newDate,temp
    thisDay = Day(now())
    thisMon = Month(now())
    thisYear = Year(now())

thisMon = thisMon + 4
    if thisMon > 12 then
    thisMon = thisMon - 12
    thisYear = thisYear + 1
    end if
    newDate = thisMon & "/" & thisDay & "/" & thisYear
    dayNum = weekDay(newDate)
    if dayNum <> 7 then 'make it a saturday for alert
    temp = thisDay + (7 - dayNum)
    if temp > 25 then
    thisDay = thisDay - (dayNum + 1)
    else
    thisDay = temp
    end if
    end if
    newDate = thisMon & "/" & thisDay & "/" & thisYear
    hs.NewTimeEvent "Britta Trigger", "8:00 AM",newDate,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,"q2ff",1,""
    end sub
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
    X