Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Days Till Reminder Script Discussion

Post comments/questions about Days Till Reminder Script Here

NOTE: The daylight savings portion is setup to the new rules starting next year (2007). As a result, the daylight savings reminder will be in November this year (2006), not at the correct date.
    Last edited by ; December 8, 2006, 05:19 PM.

Run error

Hi Steve,
    I get the following message, Running script,script or compile error in file: Days_Till_Reminder_Ver3.13.txt13:Type mismatch:'DaysTo' in line 246 More info:type mismatch: 'DaysTo'

What did I miss?

Mike

Comment

I am going to guess that there is a value in your .ini that the script doesn't think is a date. Check those out and make sure. If not, if you could send my your .ini I will take a look to see if I can duplicate the problem. NOTE: I am leaving for vacation for a few weeks so if I get it soon I can take a look, otherwise, it will have to wait till I get back.

Comment

MeSteve

I just installed your script and got the same errors. I have found the bugs in the script and corrected them. - I am no scripting expert but think i got it right. It now works on my system anyway.

Attached are the modified files.

I am however getting a weird reminder as reminder 2.

Right now it shows:
        reminder 1 - 18 days till christmas
        reminder 2 - 23 days til 107th

Any ideas?

Thanks

Neil
        Attached Files
        Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Try these versions.

What fixes did you make?

NOTE: I changed the device codes.
          Attached Files

Comment

The biggest issue was the ini file called the Virtual devices something different from the txt file. e.g in the ini file the house code was called remindercode but in the txt file it was called housecode.

Also i moved the dim unitcode higher up in the script as it was being defined after it was being used (that was the cause of the original error at line 246)

I will give your new files a try.

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Ok,

i tried your new files and don;t get any errors.

However Reminder 2 is still weird - it says that there are currently -

23 days till Memorial Day 107th

I actually have memorial day set to "0" in the ini file

Any ideas what this may be?

Thanks

Neil

Comment

I don't know what is going on, I can't get it to do it here. I will look some more tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks,

just fyi, the second reminder in my setup should be new years day

Neil

Comment

Try this one. I am at work so I can't test it right now, just going off a hunch.
                    Last edited by ; December 8, 2006, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Got it up and running with 2 problems.

1. I have to leave Mothers day Fathers Day etc all set to 1 in the ini, if I set them to 0 I get rubbish.

2. I have 4 dates set up as follows
                      Code:
                      EventDate(0)=01/01
                      EventDate(1)=02/14
                      EventDate(2)=10/31
                      EventDate(3)=12/25
                      and the corisponding titles, I also have NumberOfReminders set to 4, but it only updates the first two virtual devices with Christmas and New Year. The other two devices show unknown!

Anyone shed some light in this?
                      sigpic
                      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I will try that tonight MeSteve (i am at work too )

Gogs, that maybe what is causing my problem as i had put a zero for Labor day and Memorial Day.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by MeSteve
                          Try this one. I am at work so I can't test it right now, just going off a hunch.
                          Getting the following error
                          Running script, script run or compile error in file: Days_Till_Reminder_Ver.txt1002:Syntax error in line 136 More info: Syntax error

Had a look at the script but cannot see what the error is in that line.
                          sigpic
                          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gogs,

You were getting the error because the variable was blank/empty. It took me a minute to remember the code and see the problem.

Originally posted by Gogs
                            I also have NumberOfReminders set to 4, but it only updates the first two virtual devices with Christmas and New Year. The other two devices show unknown!

Anyone shed some light in this?
                            This is something that I never implemented

Try the new version I posted and let me know. Its in the Scripts Library.

P.S. Neil, disregard the version posted a couple of post earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by MeSteve
                              Gogs,

You were getting the error because the variable was blank/empty. It took me a minute to remember the code and see the problem.

This is something that I never implemented
                              So who did?

Try the new version I posted and let me know. Its in the Scripts Library.

P.S. Neil, disregard the version posted a couple of post earlier.
                              And anyone else downloading.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X