No announcement yet.

Days Till Reminder Script Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try reDL'ing it, the version I am running will support 20 user events in addition to the ones built in.

Comment

Originally posted by MeSteve View Post
      Try reDL'ing it, the version I am running will support 20 user events in addition to the ones built in.
      Hmm, downloaded 4.0.1 last night but still cannot get avove 8.

I'll have anothour look at the ini later today.

Thanks.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Just re-installed and tried V4.0.1, re-configured and checked ini and I still cannot get avove 8 reminders.

It states in the instructions that it is a max of 8 reminders. What version are you running?
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Ah, have I been misunderstanding this a bit.

I re-read the post with the script file attached and noticed this line
          Ver 4.0 - added ability to define how many reminder you want to see, up to 8
          Deos that mean that although you can have upto 20 reminders in the ini it will only update 8 devices?
          sigpic

Comment

probably a case of poor documentation. DL it and take a look as I have been uber busy with work and the new house. (I barely have HS running yet)

Comment

Hi Steve,

Sorry, did not know you were up to your eyes with work and espcially moving into a new house. Hope the move went smoothly.

Don't worry about the number of virtual devices your script can update, I had a look at your script and added a few more "case" lines so I can display up to 20 now. Hope you don't mind.

However one thing I noticed which you may wish to put on your list of to do things when you get a chance is if you set a year in the ini.

My birthday reminder is set to 05/11/1951 and the device shows it as 360 days till Gordons 56th Birthday. The days are correct, but the year is wrong, it will be my 57th if I make it.

If I put the computers clock forward to 01/01/2998 then it shows my correct age, therefore I assume your script is not taking into account reminders with years in them which are past, but it is still the same year.
              sigpic

Comment

I have the same issue Gogs, my sons birthday is Jan 8th and he will be 5, the script however currently anounces that he will be 4 because it is not yet 2008. Not sure how this can be easily fixed

Neil
                Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Originally posted by neiltimms View Post
                  I have the same issue Gogs, my sons birthday is Jan 8th and he will be 5, the script however currently anounces that he will be 4 because it is not yet 2008. Not sure how this can be easily fixed

Neil
                  This is easy to fix, but before I tell you how to, let me say that this is not my script, nor do I have Steve's permission to alter it, I just hope he does not mind.

Open the VBS script and look for the section "Set # of years in a variable" the insert these lines
                  Code:
                  if Datei <> 0 then
                  if datepart("y",left(EventDate(i),5))-datepart("y",now)<0 then 
                  Datei=Datei+1
                  end if
                  end if
                  They go just after the line "Datei= datepart("yyyy",now)-datepart("yyyy",EventDate(i))" and before "if Datei = 0 then"
                  Last edited by Gogs; November 11, 2007, 01:18 PM. Reason: Missed out 2 lines
                  sigpic

Comment

Excellent, Thanks Gogs.

worked like a charm

Neil
                    Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Happy it worked for you.
                      sigpic

Comment

Please feel free to make updates. I have no idea when i will be settled in and 'upand running'. This is a free script for that reason, so others can modify as needed/desired.

Comment

Can some show me how to install this script, please....I dont understand how the events are made and what are the intervals of the reminders (every x days, x hours)???
                          Last edited by Rotech; May 24, 2008, 04:03 PM.
                          Hector
                          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                            Can some show me how to install this script, please....
                            If no-one has got there before me I will give you a step by step installation by Monday.

It's all in the ini.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                              Can some show me how to install this script, please....I dont understand how the events are made and what are the intervals of the reminders (every x days, x hours)???
                              Are you asking how to configure the ini file of the script, or how to make use of it's information?

All the script does is set a variable device to the amount of days left until whatever. IE: if it's your wife's birthday on the 30th June and today was the 1st of June it would set the device to "29 days until your wife's birthday".

what it actually saves is configured in the ini file.

How you use it is up to you. I have a script which runs when a room becomes occupied after a length of time which tells me how many days until certain events. As I do not want it telling me all year I use a condition that it must be less than 40 days before HS announces the event.
                              sigpic

Comment

OK, let me tell you what I have done, I entered info in the .ini file following the instr. Placed script to script folder and then placed ini file to config. folder. Now what???

Do I have to make any devices? Will it add any icons?
                                Do I have to make an event? and if so what type of event?
                                will the script speak out the count down or is this only visual?
                                Hector
                                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                                X