Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

JavaScript and ASP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JavaScript and ASP

I'm trying to use a script that has sliders to control some homeseer devices.

How can I insert a DeviceString into a javascript and how do I run a Homeseer function from a javascript?

To give you an example of what I'm trying to do, I have a Denon amp that reports it's volume setting in a virtual device. When I run an asp page that controls this I use hs.DeviceString("v8") which returns the present value of the volume control. To change the volume I use the command
    s = hs.RunEx("denon.vbs","send","MVUP") and then recall the page with a response.redirect statement, and the page comes up with the new value. This works but is akward, so I wanted to use a slider, but that is in javascript.

Any suggestions?

Thanks;
    Don

Well, half way there. I discovered that putting an ASP variable into javascript is no big thing. For those who are curious...

Going the other way looks like it will be daunting...Perhaps a redirect to another page and back...
    PHP Code:
     <%

volume =  CStr(hs.DeviceString("v8"))
     %>

<
    script type="text/javascript">

var 
    = new Slider(document.getElementById("slider-1"), document.getElementById("slider-input-1"));
     var 
    s2 = new Slider(document.getElementById("slider-2"), document.getElementById("slider-input-2"), "vertical");

s.onchange = function () {

document.getElementById("h-value").value s.getValue();

document.getElementById("h-min").value s.getMinimum();

document.getElementById("h-max").value s.getMaximum();

s2.setValue(s.getValue());

s2.setMinimum(s.getMinimum());

s2.setMaximum(s.getMaximum());
     };

//Get Value from HomeSeer and insert it into javascript

s.setValue(<%= volume %>);

window.onresize = function () {

s.recalculate();