Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donstephens
    replied
    Well, half way there. I discovered that putting an ASP variable into javascript is no big thing. For those who are curious...

Going the other way looks like it will be daunting...Perhaps a redirect to another page and back...
    PHP Code:
     <%

volume =  CStr(hs.DeviceString("v8"))
     %>

<
    script type="text/javascript">

var 
    = new Slider(document.getElementById("slider-1"), document.getElementById("slider-input-1"));
     var 
    s2 = new Slider(document.getElementById("slider-2"), document.getElementById("slider-input-2"), "vertical");

s.onchange = function () {

document.getElementById("h-value").value s.getValue();

document.getElementById("h-min").value s.getMinimum();

document.getElementById("h-max").value s.getMaximum();

s2.setValue(s.getValue());

s2.setMinimum(s.getMinimum());

s2.setMaximum(s.getMaximum());
     };

//Get Value from HomeSeer and insert it into javascript

s.setValue(<%= volume %>);

window.onresize = function () {

s.recalculate();
     };

//window.location ="/ir.asp";

</script

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    started a topic JavaScript and ASP

JavaScript and ASP

I'm trying to use a script that has sliders to control some homeseer devices.

How can I insert a DeviceString into a javascript and how do I run a Homeseer function from a javascript?

To give you an example of what I'm trying to do, I have a Denon amp that reports it's volume setting in a virtual device. When I run an asp page that controls this I use hs.DeviceString("v8") which returns the present value of the volume control. To change the volume I use the command
    s = hs.RunEx("denon.vbs","send","MVUP") and then recall the page with a response.redirect statement, and the page comes up with the new value. This works but is akward, so I wanted to use a slider, but that is in javascript.

Any suggestions?

Thanks;
Working...
X