X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Package Tracker Discussion

Post ideas/problems here. Enjoy

Package can be found here.
    Last edited by ; July 24, 2006, 03:04 PM.

Would be really useful if you could integrate the delivery of tracking numbers by sending an email to HS. Strong WAF if all she has to do is forward an email to HS and put the tracking number in the subject line, for example:"Tracking number: abc1234"

Joe

Comment

oh wow, how cool would that be sending an email to HS with the tracking #.
      HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

I can give that a try. I have never done that and don't currently have email enabled. I will see what I can do. I was wondering if there was an easier way to input the tracking number.

Comment

An easier way would be to read my wife's mind! Seriously, here are the steps, and technically the plug-in/script wouldn't be necessary to do any of these, but these are the steps as to how I'd do it and I'm no serious programmer, just a hobbyist:

1. Events can be triggered by emails
          2. Event triggers can include scripts
          3. Scripts can read and dissect emails
          4. Scripts can take elements of the email, determine if they look like tracking numbers, and, if so, store them in a device string
          5. And here is where you plug-in takes over, yes?

Joe

Comment

New version posted that is operated by email. Let me know how it goes.

Tracking numbers are input via email subject sent to an account HS is watching. MAPI is not required. Messege subjects are in the following format:
            track 1Ztrackingnumbergoeshere shortdescription
            Last edited by ; July 25, 2006, 11:53 PM.

Comment

First off, thanks, this is a great script. The older version works very well. I tried the new e-mail version and I don't know if anybody else is seeing errors but here is the issue I am having. Whenever HS receives the email it creates the devices and the event properly but the the event is disabled. When I enable the event and run it I get this error:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/3/2006 4:53:38 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Running script in background: Package_Tracker.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/3/2006 4:53:39 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script, script run or compile error in file: Package_Tracker.txt5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'mid' in line 50 More info: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'mid'</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Can you set it up so the Event isn't disabled when it's created? Do you have any suggestions for the error?

Thanks again.

Comment

That's because when you run the script manually, there is no data for the script to use. The event disabled I didn't even think about because I have that turned off.

There appears to be no way to 'override' the setting to have events disabled by default, only the option to disable them if you do not have that selected.

Comment

I guess I don't understand how the script is supposed to work. I copied the files to the required directories and created an event that runs Tracker_Creater.txt whenever email is received. I then send an email with "track 1234567900 description" and the Tracker_Creater.txt creates the devices and the event. How does the actually package tracking start? Did I miss a step?

I've seen hs.EnableEvent used elsewhere to enable events in scripts, but I don't know how easy that would be to incorperate into your script since the tracking numbers aren't staic.

Thanks for your help

Comment

No, in the setup, you need to change the setting where events are disabled by default. 5th one down under other settings. Then resend your email.

Comment

I am still seeing the same error as I posted above, here is the data from the error log:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/17/2006 8:27:29 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Package Tracking"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/17/2006 8:27:29 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Running script in background: Tracker_Creater.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/17/2006 8:27:29 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Database Item </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Saving Device Insteon PLC Tracking Number</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/17/2006 8:27:29 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Database Item </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Saving Device Insteon PLC Status</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/17/2006 8:27:29 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Database Item </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Saving Device Insteon PLC Last Scan</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/17/2006 8:27:30 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Database Item </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Saving Event 024655932964147</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/17/2006 8:27:30 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "024655932964147"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/17/2006 8:27:30 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Running script in background: Package_Tracker.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/17/2006 8:27:31 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script, script run or compile error in file: Package_Tracker.txt5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'mid' in line 58 More info: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'mid'</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                      This all ran automated while I was at work so there was no manual intervention here.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks

Comment

What carrier is that tracking number with? I can't get anything to come up when I enter it manually into the iship[ site.

Comment

I sent you a PM.

Thanks

Comment

Fixed and working great, thanks for your help!

Comment

Glad I could get it going again for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X