• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swanie2000
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffCharger
    Michael, there are lots of great examples. A few sources would include:

1) VB script help at Devguru at http://www.devguru.com/technologies/vbscript/13896.asp
    2) HS's own Help Files have good descriptions of scripting and some examples
    3) and probably most important, is the scripting examples you will find on the message board here.

I would suggest that you start with something you are interested in, and working on modifying a simple script. You'll get lots of help thru the MB!
    Well, my first need is to replace my sprinkler routine that I had in STARGATE, with a script in Homeseer. It needs to be able to do IF/OR/AND/ELSE logic, and be able to work with TIME/DATE/DAY variables.

It seems easy enough, but all I can find in the lawn sprinkler searches are things for the MCS sprinklers. I don't want to buy that program just to water my lawn.

I have two sprinkler clocks, one for the grass, and one for the bushes. Have them both relayed to insteon appliance modules, in such a way as turning on the module, turns on a relay, which closes the button for manual advance on the clocks. It's rather simple, all I need is a way to start the clocks, at certain times of the day, certain days of the week, certain months of the year. The clocks take care of the zone times, and shutting off the water is all but gauranteed. as the clock times themselves out.

Would you know of a script that has date/day/time control, and standard logic I can look at and possible modify?

Thanks,
    Michael

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharger
    replied
    Michael, there are lots of great examples. A few sources would include:

1) VB script help at Devguru at http://www.devguru.com/technologies/vbscript/13896.asp
    2) HS's own Help Files have good descriptions of scripting and some examples
    3) and probably most important, is the scripting examples you will find on the message board here.

I would suggest that you start with something you are interested in, and working on modifying a simple script. You'll get lots of help thru the MB!

Leave a comment:

• swanie2000
    started a topic How to write Homeseer scripts?

How to write Homeseer scripts?

Hello all,
    I am new to homeseer, and I see it everywhere, people writing scripts for this or that, but where do you go to learn how to write scripts for homeseer?

Is there a list of valid commands somewhere or a sheet full of examples? Perhaps a book I need to buy, or a website that explains homeseer scripts?

I am good at learning, just need someone to point my toward the correct material I need to learn. I would hate to spend a few weeks learning some script language that homeseer dosen't know how to support.

ANy help guys?

Michael
Working...
X