Need Simple Email Check Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Simple Email Check Script

I have seen a bunch of email scripts out there that do a million different things. I just need a script that tells me if there is new mail in an account and puts the quanity in a devicecode. we have a VOIP, and we have it email an account that is only used for this voicemail. I would like homeseer to just be able to tell me I have 4 new messages. does anyone have something this simple? I currently have the account on a POP server, but can switch to Hotmail, Gmail, etc.

Possibly may want to list the emails each as a device code. We always delete or move to a folder all messages, so there would never be more than 10 messages on the email account.

Thanks

Check out Jon00's CheckPOP program. It's available from the Updater. It's cheap, works awesome, and Jon's very helpful with any problems.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...light=checkpop

Brian

Comment

&hs.SetDeviceString "A3", & hs.MailMsgCount & " Unread Emails", True

Comment

Thanks, I went to his site. Lots of great stuff there. Just set up the basics of the email scripts you recommended. Working Great so far!

One thing I want to try and do is change the status from "No E-Mail Messages " to "No Voice Mail Messages " Probably easy, just need to search for the phrase in all the pieces.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by raptorsss
          Thanks, I went to his site. Lots of great stuff there. Just set up the basics of the email scripts you recommended. Working Great so far!

One thing I want to try and do is change the status from "No E-Mail Messages " to "No Voice Mail Messages " Probably easy, just need to search for the phrase in all the pieces.

Thanks
          I don't think that's one of the options, but I'm sure Jon00 might consider it for a new update or, as he's done before, do a little mod just for a particular user....
          Drop a note in his forum. He's a great guy!

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by raptorsss

Thanks
            I don't think that's one of the options, but I'm sure Jon00 might consider it for a new update or, as he's done before, do a little mod just for a particular user....
            Drop a note in his forum. He's a great guy!

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by MeSteve
              &hs.SetDeviceString "A3", & hs.MailMsgCount & " Unread Emails", True
              I don't get it. Is this supposed to be an easier way?

Comment

If you set an event to run a script with this in the action line.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X