Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

[VB.NET Script] Doo_Weather Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VB.NET Script] Doo_Weather Script

Description:

Modified version of weather.txt script originally distributed with HomeSeer. This version has been converted to .NET and supports use of LED signs using the LEDAM plug-in.

Instructions:

Extract .vb file to HomeSeer scripts folder and extract .ini file to HomeSeer config folder.

All user definable parameters are contained within the doo_weather.ini file contained in the HomeSeer config folder.

If you are not using AT&T Voices, then edit the [Settings] section of doo_weather.ini and set UseATTVoices to False. Otherwise, specify which
    voice you want to speak each portion of the weather within the [Voices] section of the doo_weather.ini.

If you are not using the virtual weather devices, then edit the [Settings] section of doo_weather.ini and set UseWeatherDevices to False. Otherwise, specify the virtual device names within the [Devices] section of doo_weather.ini using the standard "Location<SP>Name". You can also specify icons for the weather devices within the [Icons] section of doo_weather.ini however I am not supplying icons. If you use weather devices, then create a recurring event that runs the script:

doo_weather.txt("GetWeather","Current")

which will update weather devices without speaking the weather.

You may also want to create a voice-enabled event that runs doo_weather.txt. If you use the voice string:

[current] weather report [for (today|tomorrow|Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Sat urday|Sunday)]

The weather for the specified time will be retrieved and spoken.
    Attached Files
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software
Working...
X