[VBScript] Max_Uptime_v2 Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,
    I think that if you are upgrading the script, which we all appreciate, possibly some of the changable settings such as

MaxDC = "A1" 'Device code for Maximum uptime
    SysDC = "A2" 'Device code for System uptime

could be moved to an INI file, so the scripts will then just be drop in.

Just a thought.

Thanks for another fun HS add-on, and I wonder why I make my system more bloated???

Regards, Bill

~Bill

Comment

That's a good idea, just never thought about it. I will do it as soon as I get a chance.

Comment

I also think Bills idea is a good one :-)

As for the new version - seems to have cleared up that error on startup...

However could you just explain to me under what circumstances the "with fault" device will be updated? I have had to shutdown HS using "end task" on 3 occasions now yet the device still reads zero...

Comment

Originally posted by steve-l View Post
          However could you just explain to me under what circumstances the "with fault" device will be updated? I have had to shutdown HS using "end task" on 3 occasions now yet the device still reads zero...
          Ok, the first time the script was run (scheduled - not at startup) the "with fault" device updated - so looks like everything is working now!

Comment

Here's the rundown.

When HS starts, the firstrun sets intentional to false. Then, when HS shutsdown it resets intentional to true. If on restart, intentional is true, the firstrun script updates no fault, otherwise it udates w/ fault.

Clear as mud?

Comment

The update cleared the errors for me as well.

Thanks

Darren

Comment

Thanks for the explanation... very clear actually - if HS crashes then the shutdown script is never run and so intentional is never updated - seems to be working well now anyway!

Comment

I love this script. Nice work. I check regularly (as in every time I pass the computer) to see if I'm getting close to breaking my uptime record.

Just having passed the record after having to restore my sys from a backup, I notice that my "Record Uptime" device is no longer updating, except when it increments the hour. Ie. minute and second are not changing. No idea until tomorrow whether the day is working. Having gotten here finally, I'm reluctant to restart Homeseer.

Question: Any plans to convert v2 to VB.net?
                  Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Honestly, I thought I had moved it to .net, It has been that long since I have even looked at this script. As far as the bug, I will try to take a look one of these days.

Comment

The problem I mentioned occurred with version 2.1 of the script and was the first time I'd noticed it. I installed v2.3 afterward and now Last no fault time and Last faulted time have the same data. This would have been updated when the system did fault earlier today. Since then I've done a couple of intentional restarts but the No Fault Time has not changed.
                      I do have the Startup and Shutdown calls in place.
                      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                      X