Error logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error logs

I came across this old script and would like to us it to report errors, but I'm getting the following error:

Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: log_errors.txt53:File not found in line 18 More info: File not found

Thanks,
    Bill
    Attached Files

Looks like the one I posted.

The error originates here:
    Path = hs.GetAppPath & "\ah.log"

Swap it with this:
    Path = hs.GetAppPath & "\logs\ah.log"

...and make sure your HS Setup looks something like the picture.
    Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Bill,

To save him altering his configuration, you can get this info from the settings.ini:

LogDir=hs.GetINISetting ("Settings","gLogDir","","Settings.ini")

If LogDir="False" then
      Path = hs.GetAppPath & "\" & hs.GetINISetting ("Settings","gLogName","","Settings.ini")
      else
      Path = hs.GetAppPath & "\Logs\" & hs.GetINISetting ("Settings","gLogName","","Settings.ini")
      end if
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
        I came across this old script and would like to us it to report errors, but I'm getting the following error:

Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: log_errors.txt53:File not found in line 18 More info: File not found

Thanks,
        Bill
        I wrote a free plugin that monitors the log for a key word that you enter and it will email you when this word is logged. It's called LogMonitor.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks guys!

Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
            Thanks guys!

Got it.
            Did you get the script working or the plugin?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The script. I will try the plugin in a few minutes and let you know.

Comment

Yer so smart.
                Heck, you're probably the one I borrowed the code from...

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                Bill,

To save him altering his configuration, you can get this info from the settings.ini:

LogDir=hs.GetINISetting ("Settings","gLogDir","","Settings.ini")

If LogDir="False" then
                Path = hs.GetAppPath & "\" & hs.GetINISetting ("Settings","gLogName","","Settings.ini")
                else
                Path = hs.GetAppPath & "\Logs\" & hs.GetINISetting ("Settings","gLogName","","Settings.ini")
                end if

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                X