Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, right there in the speak help file, "Could also be the path to a WAV"

DANG!

Will change over the chimes scrip code and see how it works out!

Thanks!!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

hmm, it's not as easy as just changing out.

I need to add the volume control.

I'll do that when I get home.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Sorry Dan, been catching up at work. I'm trying to catch up on the thread.
        Billy

Comment

N/P Billy.

I've just been playing with the script getting it to do stuff.

Mostly trying to figure out why the thing wouldn't play over more then 1 speaker at a time. Come to find out, it's a limitation with playwavfilex.

So, I'm thinking, use hs.speak, however, I need to know the volume levels before, during, then after.

As in read what they were, save that into an array, set them to what they need to be (your pulldown), play the wave file (hs.speak it), then reset the volume levels after isspeaking states that the speaker client is done.

Unless you want to take a crack at it?

--Dan

Comment

If you set the variable to multiple clients does it not play on those clients? It does at my house... At least it did when I tested it.

Here is what I did:
            1. Left the variable blank and it plays on all clients
            2. Set it to my kitchen only and it only played there
            3. Set it to my kitchen and one of the kids bedroom computers and it played on both.

What version of Homeseer are you running?

Be glad to take a crack at it, maybe I need to read the other posts to fully understand the problem...

Thanks...
            Billy

Comment

Billy,

it plays on the various clients, just not multiple clients on the SAME machine.

It's a limitation to Windows Media Player (according to Rupp).

--Dan

Comment

Has anyone migrated this from HS2 to HS3 or HS4? Really miss the chimes on the quarter hour.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                  Has anyone migrated this from HS2 to HS3 or HS4? Really miss the chimes on the quarter hour.
                  Wow, looks like the original thread did not make the board migration to well. I have it running on a Homeseer 3 installation. I could package up what I have for HS3 and update the thread if you like.
                  Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post

Wow, looks like the original thread did not make the board migration to well. I have it running on a Homeseer 3 installation. I could package up what I have for HS3 and update the thread if you like.
                    I like! Yes, please!

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                      Hi! Are you still planning on packaging up bjd_chimes? I would really love to use it again. THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                      X