[VB.NET Script] bjd_chimes Script Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bdraper,

I have a small problem with the script...when the script runs it changes the main volume setting on the sound card...not the media volume. This also happens when the script is marked disabled. If the script is run whilst the script is disabled then the volume level is changed but not restored.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

I've never used a .vb script before, and I finally figured out the install!!

Maybe to clarify for others in my boat, instead of:
      ("create_devices")
      you can put:
      ("create_devices", "")

It was the only way I could get it to install.

So far, after that things have been good. Thanks!

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I think its a small error around changing the volume:

hs.SetVolumeEx(v_current_volume)

Should read

hs.SetVolumeEx (v_current_volume,v_speaker)

Maybe??

Comment

Sorry for the slow response...

darren-mc, I'll have a look sometime this week. I believe I know exactly what you are talking about.

drozwood90, I'll have to look back at the install notes but I thought they said to execute ("create_devices", "")... I'll double check.

Been a long day at work and got school tonight.

Thanks.
          Billy

Comment

FYI...my devices created perfectly.

Comment

Billy,

Thanks! Just trying to help all peoples! Love the script!

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Billy,

is there a way (that I am not seeing) to make the chimes only play every 30 min, instead of only hourly and quarterly?

Thanks!

--Dan

Comment

In setup item number 9 change the 15 minutes to 30 minutes and that should fix you up nicely...

Setup a recurring Run Script event in Homeseer:
                  Name tab: Check cannot retrigger for 61 seconds.
                  Trigger tab: Current Trigger Type = Recurring, trigger every 15 minutes and 0 seconds, check reference to the hour, "Only trigger on the hour" checkbox is not checked. Setup any specific runtime conditions, time parameters etc. See important considerations below.
                  Action tab: Run script: bjd_chimes.vb
                  Billy

Comment

I posted a update that should take care of several issues found by darren-mc.
                    1. Added v_speaker to the hs.GetVolumeEx command to make sure that it gets volume on playing clients.
                    2. Added v_speaker to the hs.SetVolumeEx command to make sure that it only resets volume on playing clients.
                    3. Modified the placement of the hs.SetVolumeEx so that it does not execute unless the script is activated.
                    Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks
                    Billy

Comment

Everything seems great!

--Dan

Comment

Good deal.

Thanks for checking. I appreciate it.
                        Billy

Comment

Billy,

In order to improve efficiency, I have changed all of the "TRUE" statements for each of the playwavex commands in the script to FALSE. That means HS will not wait for the wave to finish before going back about it's business.

It doesn't seem to imped anything on my end, but I don't know why you had it on True (maybe some sort of compatibility reason??). I needed to change this as if someone tried to enter a room where the lights turned on by motion, while it was playing the chimes, the lights would not come on until AFTER the chimes were done playing.

Any comments? Particularly why I should not have done this?

--Dan
                          Last edited by drozwood90; February 7, 2007, 06:29 PM. Reason: FALSO is not false!!!

Comment

I have seen HS mess up with the playing of WAV files if it wasn't set to true. I do agree with you in regards to the light actions etc etc.

I will do some testing over the next few days and find out which is best.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Here's one.

I have multiple speaker clients on my server. Playwavex (due to mediaplayer restrictions) cannot play over more then 1 instance of speaker at a time.

However, hs.speak does!

So, any idea how I can get these to play over all my speaker clients on the same machine?

I was originally testing with two zones, one on each machine. Now I've tried to go farther and make it four zones, 3 on the same system, one on a remote.

--Dan

Comment

Dan,

You could use the following command:

PHP Code:
                                hs.speak "c:\program files\homeseer\wave\westminster_chime.wav"True"core:*" 
                                In the above example...just swap out your path to the WAV file and swap core for the name of your server.

This then should do the job.

I use this for speach proxies as they do not support queuing WAV files.

Cheers,

Darren
                                Last edited by darren-mc; February 8, 2007, 10:11 AM. Reason: More information

Comment

Working...
                                X