X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outbackrob
    replied
    Originally posted by bdraper View Post
    Wow, looks like the original thread did not make the board migration to well. I have it running on a Homeseer 3 installation. I could package up what I have for HS3 and update the thread if you like.
    Hi! Are you still planning on packaging up bjd_chimes? I would really love to use it again. THANKS!

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    Originally posted by bdraper View Post

Wow, looks like the original thread did not make the board migration to well. I have it running on a Homeseer 3 installation. I could package up what I have for HS3 and update the thread if you like.
    I like! Yes, please!

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
    Has anyone migrated this from HS2 to HS3 or HS4? Really miss the chimes on the quarter hour.

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    Has anyone migrated this from HS2 to HS3 or HS4? Really miss the chimes on the quarter hour.

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    Billy,

it plays on the various clients, just not multiple clients on the SAME machine.

It's a limitation to Windows Media Player (according to Rupp).

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    If you set the variable to multiple clients does it not play on those clients? It does at my house... At least it did when I tested it.

Here is what I did:
    1. Left the variable blank and it plays on all clients
    2. Set it to my kitchen only and it only played there
    3. Set it to my kitchen and one of the kids bedroom computers and it played on both.

What version of Homeseer are you running?

Be glad to take a crack at it, maybe I need to read the other posts to fully understand the problem...

Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    N/P Billy.

I've just been playing with the script getting it to do stuff.

Mostly trying to figure out why the thing wouldn't play over more then 1 speaker at a time. Come to find out, it's a limitation with playwavfilex.

So, I'm thinking, use hs.speak, however, I need to know the volume levels before, during, then after.

As in read what they were, save that into an array, set them to what they need to be (your pulldown), play the wave file (hs.speak it), then reset the volume levels after isspeaking states that the speaker client is done.

Unless you want to take a crack at it?

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Sorry Dan, been catching up at work. I'm trying to catch up on the thread.

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    hmm, it's not as easy as just changing out.

I need to add the volume control.

I'll do that when I get home.

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    Wow, right there in the speak help file, "Could also be the path to a WAV"

DANG!

Will change over the chimes scrip code and see how it works out!

Thanks!!

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    Dan,

You could use the following command:

PHP Code:
    hs.speak "c:\program files\homeseer\wave\westminster_chime.wav"True"core:*" 
    In the above example...just swap out your path to the WAV file and swap core for the name of your server.

This then should do the job.

I use this for speach proxies as they do not support queuing WAV files.

Cheers,

Darren
    Last edited by darren-mc; February 8, 2007, 10:11 AM. Reason: More information

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    Here's one.

I have multiple speaker clients on my server. Playwavex (due to mediaplayer restrictions) cannot play over more then 1 instance of speaker at a time.

However, hs.speak does!

So, any idea how I can get these to play over all my speaker clients on the same machine?

I was originally testing with two zones, one on each machine. Now I've tried to go farther and make it four zones, 3 on the same system, one on a remote.

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    I have seen HS mess up with the playing of WAV files if it wasn't set to true. I do agree with you in regards to the light actions etc etc.

I will do some testing over the next few days and find out which is best.

Cheers,

Darren

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    Billy,

In order to improve efficiency, I have changed all of the "TRUE" statements for each of the playwavex commands in the script to FALSE. That means HS will not wait for the wave to finish before going back about it's business.

It doesn't seem to imped anything on my end, but I don't know why you had it on True (maybe some sort of compatibility reason??). I needed to change this as if someone tried to enter a room where the lights turned on by motion, while it was playing the chimes, the lights would not come on until AFTER the chimes were done playing.

Any comments? Particularly why I should not have done this?

--Dan
    Last edited by drozwood90; February 7, 2007, 06:29 PM. Reason: FALSO is not false!!!

Leave a comment:

• bdraper
    replied
    Good deal.

Thanks for checking. I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X