[ASPx] Phone Message Web Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ASPx] Phone Message Web Interface

This is the discussion thread for the [ASPx] Phone Message Web Interface.

The .ASPx package can be found here.

Two words for you young man, "flippin great"

Well done, TrOjAn

Comment

This looks really cool...downloading and trying now...Is there a way to link to the current logged on user and present just that mailbox automatically?

Comment

Just tried the script out and all seems well until a message is left then I get a script error (run time error)

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE>
        <!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web></configuration></PRE></CODE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
        Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE>
        <!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web></configuration></PRE></CODE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P> Any ideas?

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

darren-mc,

I haven't encountered anything like that. Could you please give me some more information such as:

1) The name of the mailbox the message is being left in when it crashes
          2) The complete error message
          3) When the error occurs (i.e. refreshing the Phone Message Web Interface page after the message is left, or when the message is played, etc.)

Thanks,
          Doug

Comment

Playing messages via browser

Does this play messages via the browser or the speaker clients? Thanks, Ron

Comment

This looks really good. Almost exactly what I have been looking for. Never really liked the use of the pretty little phone box.

Only thing that I'd like to see is an option to enforce passwords. I have set up our mailboxes with passwords and modified the internal.txt IVR to require passwords, now if a page like this could as well...
              HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Thank you for this script!

Borat: "hi-five"
                Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

started to get this now.. any ideas ??

Server Error in '/' Application.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argument 'Date1' cannot be converted to type 'Date'.
                  Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Argument 'Date1' cannot be converted to type 'Date'.

Source Error:

Line 197: ' Date / Time
                  Line 198: sTemp = hsp.MBMessageDate(hspMessage)
                  Line 199: iTemp = DateDiff("d",sTemp,Now())
                  Line 200:
                  Line 201: Select Case iTemp

Source File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\phonemessagelist.aspx Line: 199

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Argument 'Date1' cannot be converted to type 'Date'.]
                  Microsoft.VisualBasic.DateAndTime.DateDiff(String Interval, Object Date1, Object Date2, FirstDayOfWeek DayOfWeek, FirstWeekOfYear WeekOfYear) +159
                  ASP.phonemessagelist_aspx.AddMessageToDataList(Boolean NewMessage, String hspMessage) in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\phonemessagelist.aspx:199
                  ASP.phonemessagelist_aspx.Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs E) in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\phonemessagelist.aspx:166
                  System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +13
                  System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Obje ct sender, EventArgs e) +45
                  System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +80
                  System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +49
                  System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3745

TrOjAn

Comment

I would say the problem is due to Homeseer changing the output for the hsp.MBMessageDate script command.

Here is a quick and dirty fix until Doug corrects the code to his liking:

Find the line:

sTemp = hsp.MBMessageDate(hspMessage)

If you use MMDDYY format, replace with:

'sTemp = hsp.MBMessageDate(hspMessage)
                    sTemp = hs.stringitem(hspMessage,1,"_")
                    Dim sDay As String = hs.stringitem (sTemp,3,"-")
                    Dim sMonth As String = hs.stringitem (sTemp,2,"-")
                    Dim sYear As String = hs.stringitem (sTemp,1,"-")
                    sTemp = sMonth & "/" & sDay & "/" & sYear

If you use DDMMYY format, replace with:

'sTemp = hsp.MBMessageDate(hspMessage)
                    sTemp = hs.stringitem(hspMessage,1,"_")
                    Dim sDay As String = hs.stringitem (sTemp,3,"-")
                    Dim sMonth As String = hs.stringitem (sTemp,2,"-")
                    Dim sYear As String = hs.stringitem (sTemp,1,"-")
                    sTemp = sDay & "/" & sMonth & "/" & sYear
                    Jon

Comment

Ahhh thats better.. works now Thanks for that Jon00, hopefully DDW will edit the script and update accordingly...

Thanks, TrOjAn

Comment

Haven't seen that error...

Trojan & Jon00,

A bunch of questions...

What version of HS did they change the output of the "MBMessageDate" function? What version of HS are each of you running?

I had been running 2.2.0.0 and hadn't seen this. I just updated to 2.2.0.6 and still haven't been able to duplicate the problem.

Is this issue specific to people using DD/MM/YYYY formats?

Thanks,
                        Doug

Comment

Doug, Im on 2.2.0.7.... I have no idea when it changed but Im sure Jon00 will.

Thanks, TrOjAn

Comment

Doug,

I'm also on 2.2.0.7.

sTemp = hsp.MBMessageDate(hspMessage)
                            msgbox (sTemp)

This produces: Tuesday, Mar 13

You can see why iTemp = DateDiff("d",sTemp,Now()) fails.

It may well be a regional change but your page was working fine on 2.2.0.3
                            Jon

Comment

2.2.0.7 ??

OK, I'm confused. Is 2.2.0.7 a beta version? I don't see an option to upgrade beyond 2.2.0.6.

Comment

Working...
                              X