custom_cnn_headlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom_cnn_headlines

Wondering if anyone out there is having problems with this script today?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Working here at 2:37PM. What probs are you having?

Comment

Looks like it this and not sure why:
      Attached Files
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Same problem here....

Comment

Same Here

Thom

Comment

Same....

Terry

Comment

They are putting advertising in the headlines which is messing up the script. This is a scraping script and may soon go the way of all the other scraping scripts of the past.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Fixed it for now with the line:
                body = hs.StringItem(body,1,"<")

Basically this just strips out the text after the first "<" which is the part you don't want. Place this line just before where it sets the device in the script.

But CNN is revamping their web pages so we may want to wait before making more permanent changes.
                Last edited by ; June 4, 2007, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Rupp, yes its an advertisement for a CNN video. Its coming up at the end of the news alert (custom_cnn.txt
                  ) not the beginning of the headlines (custom_cnn_headlines.txt) as I thought previously. Where does the line go? Thanks Anogee.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

What do I need to do to fix my "Status" screen? The script is hanging up the page.

Thanks,
                    Terry

Comment

Mine is still working fine this morning. I haven't done anything to it. Here it is if it will help anyone.
                      OOPS, just saw previous post. My Breaking News IS putting html code in as well. I use the one Rupp fixed up.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Alconnell; June 5, 2007, 07:11 AM. Reason: new info

Comment

Anogee, what are the before and after lines for your recommended patch? OR should we wait until CNN finished their "upgrades"?
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'm hesitant to give an exact location because I know there are a few versions of the script out there but if your running ver 2.5 (I think is the latest)

Look for this section of code:

body = Mid(body,x, len(body) - x)
                          iStart = Instr(1,body,"<div id=""cnnNarrowBulletinText"">")
                          iEnd = Instr(1,body,"<a href")
                          if iEnd = 0 then
                          iEnd = Instr(1,body,"</div>")
                          end if

if iStart + 32 > len(body) OR iEnd - (iStart+33) > len(body) OR iEnd - (iStart+33) < iStart + 32 then
                          exit sub
                          end if
                          body = Mid(body,iStart + 32, (iEnd - (iStart+33)))

Then after this place this additional line:

body = hs.StringItem(body,1,"<")

The StringItem command is not the most elegant way to do this, but it is the easiest. Basically this command parses a line and extracts items based on a delimiter, in this case "<". Since we want the text BEFORE the inserted ads, a 1 says first item. Not a whole lot of thought here, because I know CNN will be changing it soon, but this seems to work for now.

Comment

Thank you anogee - works great. Guess I am pretty used to seeing it and miss it a lot when its gone.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                            X