[VB Script] The Super Palmpad remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[VB Script] The Super Palmpad remote

I've always wondered why nobody ever built a RF remote that works on all house codes, without having to go through a tedious setup sequence each time you want to access a new house code.

So, I decided to use a palmpad to do just that. I call it the Super Palmpad Remote !

What it does is allow somebody to use a palmpad to control devices over the whole range of house codes with just a few key presses.

All you need is :

- a palmpad remote set on house code "P";
    - the included script;
    - an event to run the script.

The event that you need to setup must have this trigger :

" Received X10 " : " House code : P " : " Device code : Any " : " Command : Any X10 "

The description of the scripts and instructions on how-to-use them are included in the script file headers.

Version 1 (V1) Implements Multiple house codes / device codes commands

Version 2 (V2) Implements Multiple house codes / device codes commands + reporting + supports non X-10 interfaces such as UPB, INSTEON and Z-Wave.

If you use the scripts and find a bug let me know.

A discussion of these scripts can be found here :

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=782024

Updated August 4, 2007 : Added vb.net version kindly translated by Jon.
    The update also includes an optional auto-reset parameter after a selectable preset time delay.

Updated August 7, 2007 : Corrected syntax error in script version V1 and added new version V2 (script).
    Version V2 supports non-X10 interfaces via a special house code character and also implements reporting via the palmpad range selector.

Updated June 6, 2008 : Converted version V2 (script) to vb.net.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fran_joel; June 8, 2008, 10:03 PM. Reason: Added Version 2 (.NET)
Working...
X