[VBScript] AB8SS Speaker Control Scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[VBScript] AB8SS Speaker Control Scripts

I've posted a package of scripts to manage A/B 8 speaker box from HACS.com. The package is here. If someone sees a problem with it or has some suggestions, let me know here.

It's free for anyone to hack, use, re-use, or trash as you see fit. Just don't trash me.

Steve

Thanks for sharing your script.

Thanks for sharing the script and for taking the time to write the doc to go along with it.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I did try the script and it is working fine for me at the moment.

Thanks
      StevenE
      Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
        If someone sees a problem with it or has some suggestions, let me know here.
        Steve
        Any chance you would consider a feature to:
        -save the current status of the speakers(which speakers are on/off and A/B)

So that you could:
        -change the speaker settings(turn on and off speakers to make an announcement)

And then:
        -return the speaker settings to the previous saved settings.
        ?????
        John

Comment

johnnybwis,

It probably wouldn't be hard to add, as long as you are OK with using a script call (a one liner) I could probably add it. The current state is already saved in the device, so I'd just need to deal with restoring it after a speak or whatever. I may need more details before I could dive in.

I don't actually know much about it, but from what I do know it sounds like Larry Pitman's lrpspeak plug-in may be pretty close to what you want already. I've never tried it, so can't say for sure. I'm willing to take a look at adding it to the script package, but maybe you should look at lrpspeak first. If it doesn't quite fit, I'll try and give it a go. OK?

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X