shutdown.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shutdown.txt

Does the shutdown.txt script run when you use File/Exit for HS2? I am trying to control an x10 device on shutdown, and used hs.ExecX10 in that script, but it doesn't work. So I then created a script with the same functions, and it does work on its own, but not when I shut down using File/Exit. I am at a loss as to what to do next.

What do you mean by "I then created a script with the same functions, and it does work on its own". Did this script run when called from the shutdown.txt file? The shutdown.txt file is the first thing ran when selecting File > Shutdown. You should see this listed in your log file.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Wow are you fast Rupp!
      Actually I tried it as a script within the shutdown script and it didn't work, but when I run it on its own in an event - it does work. Do you suppose it's a timing issue with the CM11a?

Comment

Originally posted by Alconnell View Post
        Wow are you fast Rupp!
        Actually I tried it as a script within the shutdown script and it didn't work, but when I run it on its own in an event - it does work. Do you suppose it's a timing issue with the CM11a?
        You could try running the command followed by a hs.waitsecs 2 to give it a chance to finish.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          You could try running the command followed by a hs.waitsecs 2 to give it a chance to finish.
          Now why?

I would go for one of the Plugins therefore not loading HS anymore than it has to be.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
          HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
          BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
          BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Comment

WaitSecs did it

Thanks Rupp - that worked.

Comment

Working...
            X