apcupsd monitor discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the process is to put the download in the other forum and people talk about it here. So have at it.

Detail of the script are: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=126179
    Last edited by BootsC5; January 29, 2008, 01:06 PM.

Thanks

Thanks for this script. I could never seem to get the APC Business edition working either and came accross this today by chance.

Installed fine and seems to be working as advertised.

Neil
    Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Hi Boots, some time ago I sent you the details from my UPS as you requested, and you mentioned you were thinking of making this a plugin... I was wondering if you've managed to make any progress?

Sandro
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

APCUPSD on Hometroller 2?

I cannot get PowerChute Business Edition to talk to my Back-UPS XS 1500 (RJ45-USB connection) on my XP desktop (Personal Edition works fine) so I presume I shouldnt bother attempting to load it on a HomeTroller2.

APCUPSD sounds as if it will do everything I want; is anyone running it on a HomeTroller 2? It doesn't seem as if there should be any issues, but I thought I would ask before heading down that road. TIA.

Best Regards,

Mark

Comment

I was able to load apcupsd on my Dell XP SP2 desktop; I have attached the Status file from my APC Back-UPS XS 1500 (a/k/a RS 1500). The unit uses a USB cable to connect to the host computer.

Best Regards,

Mark
          Attached Files

Comment

I was able to successfully load APCUPSD on a HomeTroller 2. That said, the following files had to be supplied after the HomeTroller 2 discovered the APC UPS on the USB port.

hidbatt.sys
            batc.sys
            compbatt.sys
            libusb0.sys

I used files from my XP SP2 desktop. The UPS supplies both the desktop and the HomeTroller; I made the HomeTroller an APCUPSD server and the desktop an APCUPSD client. Setting up the client was straightforward but it should be noted that the apcupsd.conf file supports the APCUPSD service, the APCTRAY must be set up separately as per the documentation (the default APCTRAY on installation assumes a local UPS).

Once APCUPSD was up and running, the HomeSeer 2 script ran flawlessly.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by BootsC5 View Post
              Looks like the process is to put the download in the other forum and people talk about it here. So have at it.

Detail of the script are: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=126179
              I just picked up an APC Back-UPS BN1250LCD and found this discussion thread. I have loaded the vb script and the APCUPSD program and all seems to run fine, but,

What approach did everyone take to get Windows to shutdown, kill the APC power and then when normal AC is returned get their computer to startup and boot? Maybe I've missed something in the document. I was thinking I wanted to close Homeseer at a certain point in the battery life, then maybe log-off the current user in XP so the computer would be at minimum CPU then do the --killpower thing to turn off the UPS.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Comment

Hi all,

Has anyone updated the APCUPSD Monitor script to HS3? If so, would you be willing to post the update?

Thanks
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have a plugin that I wrote a while back (hs2) and converted it to HS3 that monitors multiple apcupsd (via network connections). It is not related to this script and is written as a plugin. If you have interest I could look at posting it in the forum or Updater; it would take me a few days (to package and post). Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                    I have a plugin that I wrote a while back (hs2) and converted it to HS3 that monitors multiple apcupsd (via network connections). It is not related to this script and is written as a plugin. If you have interest I could look at posting it in the forum or Updater; it would take me a few days (to package and post). Let me know.
                    I would be interested...just getting ready to buy a UPS. What models does your plugin work with?

Thanks...

Comment

Hi Philippe, that would be great, I'm very interested.

Thanks
                      Al

Comment

Where would I find the HS2 plugin for apcupsd with Multiple UPS support? I have 4 UPS's connected to computers with apcupsd intalled but not by Homeseer. I didn't realize there was a plugin for multiple UPS support.
                        Thanks
                        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
                          What models does your plugin work with?
                          The models apcupsd supports are described here: http://www.apcupsd.org/about/

Cheers
                          Al

Comment

Thanks. I never published the hs2 or hs3 plugin. Will look into it (for hs3)

Comment

I, too, would be interested in your plugin

I have run this script for some time now, but I would be interested in evaluating your plugin as well - either in a released format or as source code (open or closed).

I run HS2Pro.

Thanks
                              Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Working...
                              X