Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rbcaputo View Post
    Hi Karl,

I just installed the Canadian Weather Plugin following your instructions on thie forum.

Everything seems to have gone OK but but there is no Config button under the Enabled button. I tried going directly to "http://localhost/CanadianWeather" and I get the message "The webpage cannot be found".

Any idea what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Thanks for the excellent Plugin.

Robert
    Robert,

Have you tried restarting HS after installing?
    The only other thought would be during the installation, was HS still running at that point in time? If it was, that may have an effect on it.

Let me know how you make out.

Steven

Comment

Still Trying

Thanks Steven,

I tried starting from scratch and it's still not working for me.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the installation process.

Could you describe in more detail how to "Run Setup(s)".

Thanks a lot.

Robert

Comment

I've got the install working, it seems.
        I'm using the PCI voice modem and have set it to run the speak action when I pickup the phone and tell it to give me the weather. I can see from the logs that the action occurs and I can see what it's trying to say BUT
        1) there's html tags in what it's trying to say
        2) The 'Speak ():' does not sound on the phone, I hear nothing.

For 1), I tried a couple of cities, but got the same results.
        For 2), perhaps I've go the wrong 'speaker client' set under options. I tried "*.*" and "Homeseer:*". What should I be using for the PCI modem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by rbcaputo View Post
          Thanks Steven,

I tried starting from scratch and it's still not working for me.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the installation process.

Could you describe in more detail how to "Run Setup(s)".

Thanks a lot.

Robert

Robert,

Sorry, somehow I missed your posting, as I started a new job that has me travelling for the next 3 months. I am hoping that you have managed to get it running.

Running of the setups is as follows.
          open link http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=126808
          there are 2 zip files that need to be extracted.
          CanadianWeatherSetup is the setup that installs the dll files and associated files
          CanadianWeatherHelp is the setup that installs the help file information.

I had to split them out, as the website does not support larger files yet, so I split them into 2 parts.

Once the plugin is "Enabled", the config icon should appear, but you can also go to http:\\localhost\CanadianWeather as well.
          If you still are having issues, send me an email.

Steven

Comment

Originally posted by Branch345 View Post
            I've got the install working, it seems.
            I'm using the PCI voice modem and have set it to run the speak action when I pickup the phone and tell it to give me the weather. I can see from the logs that the action occurs and I can see what it's trying to say BUT
            1) there's html tags in what it's trying to say
            2) The 'Speak ():' does not sound on the phone, I hear nothing.

For 1), I tried a couple of cities, but got the same results.
            For 2), perhaps I've go the wrong 'speaker client' set under options. I tried "*.*" and "Homeseer:*". What should I be using for the PCI modem?

Any help would be appreciated.
            Unfortunately, I do not run the PCI Voice Modem, so have never had the chance to see how it functions.
            I believe the HS Speaker client just ignores the html tags. Does the HS Speaker client speak the weather properly for you ?
            Do you have any idea how to get the speech to go thru to the phone? Do you have any other scripts that you run speech to the phone?

Steven

Comment

Hi,

I've confirmed (added a standard speak action that had html tags) that the html tags are ignored. So the first issue doesn't concern me anymore.
              My configuration, the PC running homeseer has no speakers plugged in. I've not yet tried putting speakers in, but I'd guess it probably would work out the speakers.
              I found this post, which I think explains the problem.
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=769658
              Apparently, there's not a straight forward API to call from a plugin that knows to pipe sound output to the pci modem. A workaround is suggested in the thread (replied at May 1st, 2007, 02:47 PM )
              Could that be the likely issue here as well?
              Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I've confirmed (added a standard speak action that had html tags) that the html tags are ignored. So the first issue doesn't concern me anymore.
                My configuration, the PC running homeseer has no speakers plugged in. I've not yet tried putting speakers in, but I'd guess it probably would work out the speakers.
                I found this post, which I think explains the problem.
                http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=769658
                Apparently, there's not a straight forward API to call from a plugin that knows to pipe sound output to the pci modem. A workaround is suggested in the thread (replied at May 1st, 2007, 02:47 PM )
                Could that be the likely issue here as well?
                Thanks

Comment

I'm thinking of using this plugin. One question. Does this still grab the data from a web page or does it use EC's XML data at http://dd.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/EC_sites/xml/ ?
                  Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                    I'm thinking of using this plugin. One question. Does this still grab the data from a web page or does it use EC's XML data at http://dd.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/EC_sites/xml/ ?

Wadenut,

Thanks for the link, I was unaware of that one. There are some interesting additions to the XML like extreme values.

My plugin is based on the webpage for the most part. I do hope you give my plugin a whirl anyway.

Steven

Comment

Where did the day go

On the list of items displayed by this plug in at the bottom are listed Day 0 to Day 4 which mine say user declined. I do remember at one time setting something to turn this information off. I would like to return them to getting data as I think I have a use for it now but I have no idea how to turn them back on or undecline my decision ?

Any idea what I am missing ???

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by The Ol Alfer View Post
                        On the list of items displayed by this plug in at the bottom are listed Day 0 to Day 4 which mine say user declined. I do remember at one time setting something to turn this information off. I would like to return them to getting data as I think I have a use for it now but I have no idea how to turn them back on or undecline my decision ?

Any idea what I am missing ???

thanks
                        Ol Alfer,

On the "Options" page, is a checkbox called "Display Single", check that checkbox and you should be good to go.

Steven

Comment

Tried that with no change ??? would I have to restart the HS computer for this to take effect ? I would not think so but thought I would ask as I made the change over the network from my laptop.

thnx ,,,

Comment

Originally posted by The Ol Alfer View Post
                            Tried that with no change ??? would I have to restart the HS computer for this to take effect ? I would not think so but thought I would ask as I made the change over the network from my laptop.

thnx ,,,
                            Ok disregard my last post I guess something did not update right away but now I do have that information showing up,

Thanks again Steven

Comment

Using the devices information as condition for an event

Hello everyone, could someone help me on this one, I would like to use the ^4 device "current weather" info to apply condition to an event.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dnoiseux View Post
                                Hello everyone, could someone help me on this one, I would like to use the ^4 device "current weather" info to apply condition to an event.

Thanks
                                You would probably have to setup the plugin to show only the text value. You should then be able to do a comparison on an event at that point.

Steven

Comment

Working...
                                X