No announcement yet.

NetCallerID Package Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I can tell and I'm no Ebay expert but it looks like he had seven of them and nobody placed a bid. Auction Over.

Originally posted by stevea View Post
    For those looking for an alternative to the defunct NetCallerID: Someone is selling 8-line CID boxes on EBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-port-caller-id...d=p3286.c0.m14

Looks like he wants $40 plus $10 shipping.

I've got no association with this seller, and don't know anything about the boxes, but...

I'm certain my package won't work with them with no changes, but as I've said several times, if someone wants to use them and is willing let me borrow it for a week or so, I'll make a modified or extended version of my package that will work with it.

Steve
    John

Comment

Maybe I missed this in the documentation but if the config is set to automatically add new caller to the phone book. And you select Block# from the callers page it will not block that number. You have to do it from the Phone Book page.
      John

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
        Maybe I missed this in the documentation but if the config is set to automatically add new caller to the phone book. And you select Block# from the callers page it will not block that number. You have to do it from the Phone Book page.
        Ooops. Good catch. If the number is already in the phonebook, I don't do anything to the phonebook record. You are right though, that the logical behavior would be to set the blocked flag on the entry that is already in there.

Question: What about the inverse? If you have a number in the phonebook marked as blocked, and you press the "Add to Phonebook" button, is it a safe bet that you don't want it to do anything? I would think so, but....

Anyway, I'll fix the thing you found and post a new one. I have to go out of town on business, so it will probably be Friday or Saturday before a new version is posted.

Thanks for the feedback.

Steve

Comment

Well, that was pretty easy to fix, but I think I'll wait to see if there are any other comments on v1.22 before I post a new version, probably this weekend.

John: If you want the revised Call Log page (the only file that changed) PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you to try out. That would actually be good anyway, to make sure it does what you expect.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post

Question: What about the inverse? If you have a number in the phonebook marked as blocked, and you press the "Add to Phonebook" button, is it a safe bet that you don't want it to do anything? I would think so, but....

Thanks for the feedback.

Steve
            It would just prompt you that the number is already in the phone book. Which I believe it does. Maybe some additional text that states any further adjustments should be done from the phone book....but I don't really need that.

Actually H/S Phone-Caller ID does not present the button if it is already in the phone book.
            John

Comment

Hi Steve -
              I just installed the script and it works great. I really appreciate your hard work.

I use MainLobby as my touchscreen interface and I've been using their CallerID package. I like the way yours works much better.

One thing I'm missing in switching over is the ability to scroll through past calls in MainLobby from the touchscreen. MainLobby stores the calls as variables and names them with a 00x at the end i.e. telephonenumber_001, telephonenumber_002, etc. Would it be difficult for you to add the ability to make the last x calls (could be just last 5) into HS devices? In other words create a CallerIDName_001 device, etc. Adding a device for date/time to each of these would also be really helpful. I can then write them to the MainLobby variables and keep the same functionality.

If that is too difficult or cumbersome is there any way to programatically get the info out of the database using a script so that I could populate the devices myself?

Thanks again for the script and any thoughts that you have.

Pat

Comment

Pat,

I don't know anything about Mainlobby, but I think your description is pretty clear. Are you assuming that as new calls come in they get pushed down the stack? I.e., the call in CallerID_001 gets pushed into CallerID_002, and the new number goes into CallerID_001? Are we talking about just the name, just the number, or both?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by beerguy View Post
                  If that is too difficult or cumbersome is there any way to programatically get the info out of the database using a script so that I could populate the devices myself?
                  By the way: I already let you choose a device to put the CID name into, and one for the CID number as well, and you can have an event triggered when a new call comes in (all this requires you to change the settings in the config page). So, if you are inclined to write your own script, you can do all this yourself. Just have the script tied to the new call event, pull the name/number from the device strings, and put them where you want. If you want some help, let me know.

I'm not saying I won't change my package, but this approach might be cleaner.

Steve

Comment

That's a good point Steve. Why don't I take a shot at doing it with a script and save customizing your program for just one person's benefit. I should have thought of that (haven't had my coffee yet).

Thanks,

Pat

Comment

That's a good point Steve. Why don't I take a shot at doing it with a script and save customizing your program for just one person's benefit. I should have thought of that (haven't had my coffee yet).

Thanks,

Pat
                      Pat,
                      I have no idea if there are some other Mainlobby users out there who are trying to use this package, but... It seems to me like if you and I work on this it might make sense to put the resulting script into a ZIP and include it with my package, with some instructions on how to use it to get CallerID data to Mainlobby. You work on it, and I'll look at what you might need to make it generically applicable for other folks.
                      Steve

Comment

For now I use the WAFNetCallerID script.
                        But someone (can't remember now who) wrote this little script for me to get thew last 10 callers.
                        You maybe able to use it.
                        Tim

Code:
                        sub main()
                        arrLogData = GetLogData
                        MaxLine = UBound(arrLogData)

'  Move the pointer to the beginning of the day by reading the file backwards
                        '  until I find yesterdays date.
                        For i = MaxLine To 1 Step -1
                            r = InStr(1, arrLogData(i), Date - 1)
                            If r > 0 Then
                                Exit For
                            End If
                        Next

iCount = 10
                        For LoopLine = MaxLine To i Step -1
                            strLogTemp = arrLogData(LoopLine)
                            strLogTemp = replace(strLogTemp,"~"," ")
                            strLogTemp = replace(strLogTemp,"!"," ")
                            If InStr(1, UCase(strLogTemp), UCase("Number")) Then
                        	if iCount <= 30 then
                        		hs.SetDevicestring "s" & iCount, strLogTemp, True
                        		iCount = iCount +1
                                	'MsgBox (strLogTemp)
                        	end if
                            End If
                        Next

End Sub

Function GetLogData()

Const OpenFileForReading = 1
                        Const OpenFileForWriting = 2
                        Const OpenFileForAppending = 8

Dim objFSO, objFile, objLog
                            Dim strLog, strLogTemp
                            Dim iCount
                            Dim arrLog()

strLog = "c:\program files\homeseer 2\WAF_Callers.log"
                            strLogTemp = "c:\temp\WAF_Callers.tmp"

'Create File System Object
                            Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If Not objFSO.FileExists(strLog) Then Exit Function

'Get file handle
                            Set objLog = objFSO.GetFile(strLog)

objFSO.CopyFile strLog, strLogTemp
                            'Open File For Reading
                            Set objFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile(strLogTemp, OpenFileForReading)

'Lets test object, then build our array if not at end of file
                            If IsObject(objFile) Then
                                Do Until objFile.AtEndOfStream
                                    ReDim Preserve arrLog(iCount)
                                    arrLog(iCount) = objFile.ReadLine
                                    iCount = iCount + 1
                                Loop

'Close the file so we can delete it :-)
                                objFile.Close

'Delete Temp Log File
                                objFSO.DeleteFile (strLogTemp)
                            End If

GetLogData = arrLog

'Clean Up
                            Set objLog = Nothing
                            Set objFile = Nothing

End Function
                        FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

I am a ML user that has the last 10 callers in a MLS.
                          My way is a bastardized from an ASP page, try Fungun's script.

I am putting together something that will directly populate the virtual devices in HS each time a CID Available event is triggered. But it won't be immediately.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                            I am a ML user that has the last 10 callers in a MLS.
                            My way is a bastardized from an ASP page, try Fungun's script.

I am putting together something that will directly populate the virtual devices in HS each time a CID Available event is triggered. But it won't be immediately.
                            On first blush, I don't think fungun's script will work without lots of changes. Still, it is a start. Between you (Bill) and Beerguy, it sounds like it is worth sharing this. I'll work with Beerguy to get something that works mostly generically, and let you try it.

Is 10 the right number? Beerguy said 5, but my guess is he'd be OK with 10...

Steve

Comment

Bill & Beerguy,

I sent you both a PM.

Steve

Comment

MainLobby stores the calls as variables and names them with a 00x at the end i.e. telephonenumber_001, telephonenumber_002, etc.
                                Beerguy,

Is the "telephonenumber_001" naming a fixed convention in Mainlobby? If I code a script to always send the most recent 10 callerID name/number to those names in Mainlobby, will it work for other Mainlobby users?

(Sorry. I don't know a thing about Mainlobby, and can't seem to do more than confuse myself by reading posts on the board.)

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X