NetCallerID Package Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NetCallerID Package Discussion

This thread is for questions / discussons regarding the Netcaller ID script / web page package posted here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...088#post813088

Steve

This is the most complete package I have found for the NWTCALLERID. Wow is supports 3 lines and works with out a hitch.

It’s a perfect add on to my Homeseer system.

Thanks Steve for your months of hard work

Thom

Comment

Agree with Thom completely! Great job, Steve. I notice you didn't get the DND feature on the feature list. did i not get it tested out soon enough? Gosh, the DND mode/option would be enough for me to go buy a NetCallerID box in and of itself, if i didn't already have one, that is!
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Ian,

Good catch. I forgot about the Do Not Disturb (DND) mode. I'll go back and add that to the feature list.

FYI for everyone else: Thom's and Ian's comments are not paid endorsements, but pretty close. They are two of the four guys that have been using the package for the past several months, and contributing ideas for features that eventually made it in this release.

Steve

Comment

For the many years that I have used HS I never really had a reason to purchase or use HSP.

Started to use the plugin a few months back and noticed it did much more than just CID so ended up purchasing HSP, 3 USB W2C boxes and 1 PCI modem.

Great application and a much needed add to HS for the ultimate in your HA telephony!

Thank you Steve for all of the time and effort you put into developing this plugin!
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Missing files

The ZIP I posted is missing two small GIF files. Without them the call log (Callers.aspx) will not work. I'm posting them here, and will fix and repost the entire package over in the libary post tonight.

The two files go in the Images subdirectory under HTML. (the zip has the paths).

It's been so long since I had anyone doing a fresh install (rather than an upgrade) I forgot about these files. Sorry.

Steve
            Attached Files

Comment

Update: I replaced the ZIP in the original library post (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...088#post813088 ) with one that has the missing files (and I updated the Install instructions regarding those files).

Steve

Comment

This is obviously the first time I've tried this...

I had never encrypted source before, and I made a major blunder. Anyway, the 1.18 ZIP would never have worked for anyone. I fixed it (I think) and posted v1.18a in the other post.

No one has commented, so maybe nobody has tried it.

Anyway I *REALLY* am sorry for the mix up, but the new post should be fine.

Steve

Comment

A user found a bug in the Call Log web page (Callers.aspx). I fixed it and replaced the ZIP file in the other thread.

If anyone is using the package, you should download the new package, but all you need to replace is the Callers.aspx page. The rest is unchanged from the 1.18a ZIP.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

I was wondering if an approach like this could be made to work with a standard external Data modem to get CID info into HSPhone? I assume that interfacing to the external modem would be eaiser than an internal one since the data would be available at a standard Com (or USB?) port.

Thanks!
                    Brian

Comment

Brian,

I haven't ever tried a regular external voice modem (a regular data modem isn't likely to give you CID), but I had always assumed that the problem is that they each opperate a little differently: Either a different set-up string needs to be sent to them, or they report CID in a different format, or both. If you have a particular modem in mind I could take a look at it.

The NetCallerID box is ideal just because (1) it's so darn cheap (not as cheap as it used to be, but still cheap), (2) it's CID reporting is very reliable (much better than the HS Phone Modem), and (3) it's really simple to interface to and read the CIDs.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                        Brian,

I haven't ever tried a regular external voice modem (a regular data modem isn't likely to give you CID), but I had always assumed that the problem is that they each opperate a little differently: Either a different set-up string needs to be sent to them, or they report CID in a different format, or both. If you have a particular modem in mind I could take a look at it.

The NetCallerID box is ideal just because (1) it's so darn cheap (not as cheap as it used to be, but still cheap), (2) it's CID reporting is very reliable (much better than the HS Phone Modem), and (3) it's really simple to interface to and read the CIDs.

Steve
                        Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't realize until later that I said "Data" instead of "Voice", what I had on my mind was a Voice modem that supports Caller ID. I did not have a particuliar modem in mind, I am just trying to figure out what the possible options are. My only concern with the NetCallerID is that it appears that they are getting in shorter supply. It sounds like the HomeSeer PCI modem is going to have Vista troubles with SP1, and for me the $300 + price tag for a Way 2 Call is rather hard to swallow. What about monitoring a USB port? Is it more difficult than a conventional com port? It looks like many of the external modems are now USB. Hopefully some folks will share their ideas on this subject.

Thanks!
                        Brian

Comment

Where does one find a Netcaller id or ugotcall box now ?

I think they might be extinct !
                          Neil
                          Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by nsisman View Post
                            Where does one find a Netcaller id or ugotcall box now ?

I think they might be extinct !
                            http://www.discountsales.com/shop/sh...r%20ID%20Boxes

Comment

Wow!

The Price sure has gone up! From the same place, I paid $9.99 for one......not THAT long ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X