Time Synchronisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Synchronisation

I notice that my HS system (actually running on an HS-Pro100) loses time and needs sync'ing more often.

has anyone found a way to force a time synchronisation in HomeSeer in an easy way? I can't find any script call which would achieve it and was wondering about using a third party product on the HS pc....except it does do it's own sync occasionally and i just want to force it to be more often!

does everyone else have a simple answer or just PCs that track time better than mine does?

simon

I use the free utility called Atomic Clock Sync. It's will ping the time server daily and update your PC's clock. It has a very small footprint and runs in the task tray.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...on.html?tk=hsx
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I guess I have two questions:

1) Why is this discussion posted in this part of the board? Doesn't seem to be about "Script & Plug-In Library"...

2) Assuming you are using XP, why not just use the built-in windows synchronization? You enable it on the "Internet time" tab on the date/time control (double-click on the clock in your task bar). You'll need to open up the NTP port on your firewall (123/UDP), and you'll need to pick a time server. I use "time.windows.com". That way you don't have to install anything. Zero footprint is smaller than "very small"...

Steve

Comment

Hey there are so many forums these days it's a hard task to get things posted in the right spot and I believe the user was wondering if there was a script that could do this.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

For anyone else stumbling across this thread in the future go here:
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ight=time+sync

~Bill

Comment

Working...
          X