Messenger BOT discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messenger BOT discussion

I have posted a tutorial in the plugin development section for a MSN Messenger BOT. It shows how to program an autonomous MSN Messenger client to interface remotely with a Homeseer driven Home Automation system using the DOTMSN library:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=130673

If you want to post comments or ask questions please do so here.

Joel

Joel,

Thats a pretty comprhensive tutorial!

Thanks for sharing that with us all...

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
      Joel,

Thats a pretty comprhensive tutorial!

Thanks for sharing that with us all...

TrOjAn
      Thanks TrOjAn.

I just hope it can help others bridge the gap between Homeseer and Visual Studio. Scripting is nice, but writing self-contained programs interfacing with Homeseer is nicer...

Comment

WOW, looks like you did a ton of work on this. I'd really like to jump into .NET more deeply and this looks like a great tutorial. Unfortunately, at the beginning of this year, I promised myself I would not get into new software until I upgraded my Homeseer hardware platform. With the economic downturn, I have put off buying a new computer because we seem to have entered into a period of "what will break next". Anyway, I will revist your tutorial at a later date. You should bump it every month or 2 to keep it visible. This board is getting so big it is getting harder to find the things that are really good.

Steve Q
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
          WOW, looks like you did a ton of work on this. I'd really like to jump into .NET more deeply and this looks like a great tutorial. Unfortunately, at the beginning of this year, I promised myself I would not get into new software until I upgraded my Homeseer hardware platform. With the economic downturn, I have put off buying a new computer because we seem to have entered into a period of "what will break next". Anyway, I will revist your tutorial at a later date. You should bump it every month or 2 to keep it visible. This board is getting so big it is getting harder to find the things that are really good.

Steve Q
          In fact Steve, most of the work I did was research... I had to browse the web quite extensively to gather all the material I needed to see this project through... I even translated chinese pages to english on google!

There was also a lot of trial and error. I don't pretend that this code is perfect, but it works. If you use it and find errors or have problems, please tell me!

As far as keeping the post bumped just do a search for "tutorial" when you're ready and you should find it easily. There aren't that many tutorials round here...

Joel

Comment

Hi Joel,

I just read through your tutorial -- very well written and informative.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Don

Comment

Update

I just want to update you on the fact that there is apparently a bug with the file transfers in and out of the BOT Messenger client.

After a few file transfers (especially after switching between sending and receiving files) an unhandled P2P transfer session exception error is thrown by the library, causing the BOT program to crash.

If you stick with one-way file transfers, the transfers work fine. The problem appears when using both inbound and outbound file transfers.

I don't know exactly what causes this problem. I've been trying to find its root cause but haven't had much luck yet. Since the exception is thrown by the library code, it is tougher to debug.

I'll put up an update, if I find the cause of the problem...

Joel

Comment

Working...
              X