MediaMonkey Plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BootsC5,

Is there still development in this plugin?
    I am using Win7 now, and I really start to dislike Media Player, because it is slowing down my drive every time it starts to discover music. It even locks I/O on this drive.
    So I am wondering if media monkey would be an alternative, especially when I could have control over it on more then one PC with this plugin.
    But before I go around and install media monkey stuff on my HS PC I would like to know if you plan to continue with this plugin?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Sporadic yes.

Major changes since the last release:

I moved to the xAP protocol for communications. Two downsides are, it currently takes a long time to move lots of data (think a large number of songs) and sometimes it will loose packets (since xAP is UDP based). This means that long playlists sometimes do not display all the data (but I send the data at intervals so eventually it will get there), and I have found over wifi transmitting the album art often gets garbled.

Working backwards, the main plug-in will attempt to create a well known fileshare to copy the album art to, but on my box there is a bug where it is not properly finding the pre-created share that I want to track down. The visible side effects of this is some log entries.

Second, I am going to send more data/packet and maybe even look into compression to reduce the number of packets to send.

I also need to add logging to the remote instances to help trouble shooting.

Its working, just not at a level I am happy with others playing with yet.

Comment

BootsC5,

Thanks for your quick and honest answer.
        I will wait then with this plugin and hope to see more in the future

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
        650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Version .6 is up, use the link at the top to get the latest version and view the updated notes.

Right now I am looking to verify I have the all the pieces together in the zips and that a "virgin" install works.

Comment

hi, I ended up with multiple instances in the "config" page so I tried to remove them. This removed all instances. How can I get them back? I have tried replacing the DLL files, disabled/enabled the plugin - no joy

Comment

Working...
            X