TenHSPower Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TenHSPower Question

I downloaded the TenHSPower UPS Monitoring Plug-in and I noticed that the log file fills up very quickly monitoring the status of the UPS system. It updates every 2 or 3 seconds. Is there a way to change this time or disable the status in the log file?

Thanks,

Ronnie

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
    I downloaded the TenHSPower UPS Monitoring Plug-in and I noticed that the log file fills up very quickly monitoring the status of the UPS system. It updates every 2 or 3 seconds. Is there a way to change this time or disable the status in the log file?

Thanks,

Ronnie
    Are you speaking of the HomeSeer log?

Could you post a few of the messages you are seeing?

Thanks,
    tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post

Thanks,

Ronnie
      An updated version is available that resolves this problem. Thanks for catching it.

Go to: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/te...Downloads.aspx
      tenholde

Comment

tenholde I have another one for you.
        Will your plugin support the Minuteman Power Technologies UPSs from Para Systems Inc.?

Thanks,

Dean

Comment

tenHsPower uses the built-in operating system capabilities.

If you plug in the UPS to either serial or USB port and the operating system recognizes it, then tenHsPower will support it.

tenHsPower does not talk to the UPS directly, but gets its information through operating system calls.

There is a utility available that you can use to see if tenHsPower will work with your connected UPS.

Check out the two links at the bottom of this page:

http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/te...PowerEval.aspx

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Tenholde
            Thanks for writing this code. I am using it with a Tripp Lite UPS and it works great. Before installing TenHSPower, I installed the Tripp Lite software, which I thought was necessary to get the data to my HS PC. Reading through some of your comments, it seems there is a chance that TenHSPower might work without the Tripp Lite software. Is that correct?

I am curious because I'd like to keep my HS server running as few non-HS programs as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
              Tenholde
              Thanks for writing this code. I am using it with a Tripp Lite UPS and it works great. Before installing TenHSPower, I installed the Tripp Lite software, which I thought was necessary to get the data to my HS PC. Reading through some of your comments, it seems there is a chance that TenHSPower might work without the Tripp Lite software. Is that correct?

I am curious because I'd like to keep my HS server running as few non-HS programs as possible.

In most cases, you want to run WITHOUT the UPS software.

I'd try removing the UPS software -- I believe it will work fine.

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

All:
                I believe he is parsing data from the Windows operating system
                The XP does not need the UPS specific software, the UPS just needs to be compatible with XP. If it works there then it will work in the plugin.
                Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Tenholde, I was checking out this plugin in your site, going over the devices I saw that the battery life and battery full life time where unknown is this the way it should work?
                  Hector
                  MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

It is a function of your UPS. Some will only report capacity when running on battery for awhile. Some not at all.
                    tenholde

Comment

Working...
                    X