SnevlCID Package Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

house phone speaker!

Maybe I not clear in what I trying to say, but!

When the phone rings and announced of the person name is made over phone speaker. Is there a way to change what is being announced? Not what is being playing over Homeseers speaker Client, but house phone speaker!
    Homeseers Phone must sent a message back to Way2Call Hi-Phone Modem so that the House phone can speak the message.

Can this be done?

I will send you log tonight!

Thank you

Greg Mack

Comment

Greg,

Maybe you are talking about some feature of W2C that I don't know about. There is an announcement that comes out of the W2C itself? You're talking about computer generated speech? You are talking about when the phone rings, and before it is answered, right?

If I'm understanding what you are talking about, I don't have any clue how to control it. I don't think there are any Homeseer script functions that tell the W2C to "speak".

Maybe someone else here with a W2C can help me understand. Anyone?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
        ..........Homeseers Phone must sent a message back to Way2Call Hi-Phone Modem so that the House phone can speak the message.

Can this be done?

I will send you log tonight!

Thank you

Greg Mack
        Greg, as a general rule HSP generally will not talk to anything except HS, It will listen if forced to, but is not exactly hot on having a conversation. Don't expect to have a chat with this grumpy old Bugger.

HSP listens for the data, and if it receives it from a source it is prepared to except will then announce through HS the caller. But you will only get what it is prepared to say, and that is not a lot.

If you are using HSP only to announce callers then I would suggest trying a package that bypasses HSP and does all the work, it even allows personalised announcements. SnevlCID springs to mind as being one of the most flexible as to input devices.

Also if you are going to take HSP out of the loop, shut down HS, delete the HSP ini file and restart.

SnevlCID works direct with Way2Call, or direct with HSP, or even Meteor, but you do not want to have Way2Call, and HSP and SnevlCID all working at the same time - serves no purpose as far a CID is involved.

I trust you do not have HSM also installed!

Or have got the wrong end of the stick?
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Homeseer Phone - modified the caller id message

I use all the functions in homeseers phone.

My phone has two parts, the headset and the base. The phone base has a internal speaker build in. When the phone ring the cid message plays on internal base speaker. Each time the Phone rings the CID message is repeated. Up to Four rings.

I just want to use Homeseers or Snelcid to append a message to CID and have it broadcast back to my phone base internal speaker.

All I want to do is modified the caller id message.

For example: Call from Betty Smith to Call from your Mom

Thank You

Greg Mack
          Last edited by BIGMACK48; July 13, 2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Greg,

It sounds like the base has essentially a talking caller ID box. I'm betting it works completely independent of HS altogether, in which case there probably isn't any way to change or control it.

You have HSPhone set for "Announce Caller on each ring" set to NO, so the fact that it is being announced on the phone base speaker sounds like it isn't controlled by HSPhone.

What model number of W2C are you using? I went to their site, and can't find anything about this feature you are describing.

Steve

Comment

house phone speaker!

You are correct, I check last night and my CID Speaker phone is independent of Homeseers Phone. So Homeseer is not talking to it. I guess I must use my house speakers to broadcast phone cid announcements.

On your configuration page. What is different between setting it to announce on phone or speaker?

Thank You for your Help

Greg Mack

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                On your configuration page. What is different between setting it to announce on phone or speaker?
                Greg,

That choice is for Call Waiting Caller ID (CWCID). Some users pay for CWCID through their phone company, and the NetCallerID box (and maybe others) actually reports it. So this is when you are already on the phone and another call comes in. If you choose "Announce on Phone" it will speak over the phone instead of over the house speakers.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by dag5267
                  Great code! Worked out of the box on a Zoom 3049C external modem. How does SnevICID determine which calls to block? Does it use the name, number or both? I'm thinking an option to allow blocking based on either or both would be a good thing for many reasons.
                  Glad it worked for you! Here's the way SnevlCID blocks calls:
                  1. It firsts looks to match a phonebook entry with the same number. Each phonebook entry has a check box on it for "blocked". If that is set, the package will try and block the call.
                  2. If a match to a number in the phonebook is not found, it will then look at the "blocked name" database. This database is edited via a separate web page (accessed from a link on the top of any of the other pages). Here it only looks to match the name reported by the phone company on the CID with a name in the database, ignoring the number.
                  A couple of other points to keep in mind:
                  1. If you use the 1.29.2 patch (at the bottom of the library thread) item #1 above is enhanced with wildcards in the phonebook.
                  2. For using a standard modem instead of HSPhone, "blocked" means that the modem will quickly take the phone off-hook and then hang it up again, cutting off the call. The caller gets no explanation.
                  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Steve

Comment

Error Adding to Phone book

When I attempt to add entry in the Calls Received list to the phonebook by clicking on the appropriate 'add to phonebook' link for the line I get the following error if on pages greater than 1.

Server Error in '/' Application. <HR color=silver SIZE=1 width="100%">

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <CUSTOMERRORS>tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <CUSTOMERRORS>tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE>

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><CONFIGURATION><SYSTEM.WEB><CUSTOMERRORS mode="Off" /></SYSTEM.WEB></CONFIGURATION>
                    </PRE></CODE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <CUSTOMERRORS>configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE>

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><CONFIGURATION><SYSTEM.WEB><CUSTOMERRORS mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm" /></SYSTEM.WEB></CONFIGURATION>
                    </PRE></CODE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                    </P>

Comment

dag,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I'll have to look at it when I get back from vacation. I assume you are using the latest version? I don't think I've seen this "on pages greater than 1" from anyone else.

What version of HS are you running?

Steve

Comment

I am running HS version 2.3.0.19. I am running version 1.29 of SnevICID. That's what is posted on the web page. Thanks!

I tried it again from the system running HomeSeer and receive a better error description:

Server Error in '/' Application.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
                        Parameter name: index
                        Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
                        Parameter name: index

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
                        Parameter name: index]
                        System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index) +7485640
                        System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowCollection.get_Item(Int 32 index) +13
                        _Snevl_CID_Callers.CallersGridView_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) +154
                        System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.OnRowCommand(GridViewComm andEventArgs e) +78
                        System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +112
                        System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +88
                        System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
                        System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRow.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +123
                        System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
                        System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventA rgs e) +89
                        System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(Stri ng eventArgument) +156
                        System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBack EventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
                        System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
                        System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +170
                        System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2863

Comment

dag,

I need some additional data, but hopefully I'll be able to find and fix this. Again, sorry for the problem. Here's what I need:
                          1. Does this happen before you get the warning pop-up ("Are you sure...?") or after?
                          2. Can you try a "block number" and "block name" on a page greater than one and tell me if you get the same error?
                          3. Hopefully you have debug turned on in SnevlCID. If so, there should be something written to the debug file whenever you press one of those buttons on the call log. You may not want to post your entire debug file, as it has phone numbers of everyone who calls you. If yo want, send me a PM and give me your email address, and I'll send you an email. You can then reply with the debug file (or at least the part that is added when you press the button).
                          Steve

Comment

Import from Outlook

I use HSPhone with the Way2Call Lite exclusively to announce caller's based on incoming phone number.

It is working fine but I need to load a massive number of contacts into the address book (exported as csv from Outlook). I can find no scripts that will allow me to do this.

Three questions
                            1. Can I use this script package replace the HS functionality of "announce caller"?

2. Can I import the address book?

3. Does the script package support specifying the number of times to announce a caller? Ie...even if the phone rings 5 times, I typically only need to hear the name or number announced twice.

Thanks,

Ken

Comment

Ken,
                              See my answers below...

Originally posted by kenflorian View Post
                              1. Can I use this script package replace the HS functionality of "announce caller"?
                              Yes, or at least that is the intent. The phonebook lets you customize how each person is announced.
                              2. Can I import the address book?
                              In the 1.29 ZIP file, there is a script (in the scripts directory) called "csv_import.txt" that was written specifically to import data from Outlook. In the root directory of the ZIP, there is an instruction document: "Import_from_Outlook.doc" that walks you through it. The user who asked me to add that funcionality re-imports tons of Outlook entries several times a week, so I think it should do what you are looking for.
                              3. Does the script package support specifying the number of times to announce a caller? Ie...even if the phone rings 5 times, I typically only need to hear the name or number announced twice.
                              Hmmm... This package actually only announces once, when it gets the CID. For most CID devices, I have no way of knowing if the next ring is for the same number. However, there might be a way to do it. The package puts the announcement text, phone number, and name into device strings. You could probably set something up to trigger an event on each ring, and run a script that announces it. There's probably a way to tell if it has been announced twice, and ignore subsequent rings.

Give the package a try and see what you think. I can probably write a script to do the two-announcement thing, but I want to wait and see if you think you want to go that way.

Otherwise, just let me know if I can help, either here or via a private message.

Steve

Comment

1. The error occurs after the warning.
                                2. Same error on block name and block number.
                                3. When this error happens, no entry is made in the debug log. However, I do see entries in the debug log when no errors happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X