No announcement yet.

SnevlCID Package Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be cool if you could switch the dnd on and off. If it was on it would go to the script you just mentioned. Or to add that feature with a on and off switch. I like that feature that the script does, but I wouldnt want it to run all the time and dont want to mess up steves script. That is the best script I have ever used.
    Danielbo
    danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
      What would be cool if you could switch the dnd on and off. If it was on it would go to the script you just mentioned. Or to add that feature with a on and off switch. I like that feature that the script does, but I wouldnt want it to run all the time and dont want to mess up steves script. That is the best script I have ever used.
      Danielbo
      Daniel,

It already is switchable. If you selected it in the config web page, the script will create a "Do Not Disturb Mode" ON/OFF device. So you can put SnevlCID into DND mode or back out of DND mode with events (just like turning on lights via events), or manually from the device status page for CID.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

FYI I got it working with HSPhone to pass the CID data (Using a W2C). Seems to be working great. Next goal is to get the pretty table version working with HSTouch. Thanks again for this.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mkotlarz View Post
          Steve,

FYI I got it working with HSPhone to pass the CID data (Using a W2C). Seems to be working great. Next goal is to get the pretty table version working with HSTouch. Thanks again for this.

Mike
          That's great Mike! Let me know if you need anything. I think there is probably more cool HSTouch integration possible, but I'm not very creative on the HSTouch side. I'm willing to run with ideas, but I don't seem to get very many of them myself. I'm anxious to hear others.

Steve

Comment

Hey Steve, after years of saying Ill try this I am about to before I start..... my MAIN reason for this is to BLOCK known numbers from ever ringing the phone by sending them to a recorded message.

Is this something your script can do?

At present I have the line > netcallerid > way2call > phones

There is also a pci HAL modem in there if I need it.

Is it also possible to USE the HSPhone phonebook? I dont fancy re writing all those phone numbers to a different phonebook

TrOjAn
            Last edited by TrOjAn; July 1, 2010, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Well I went ahead and started it.. at first with NO numbers in the phonebook it announced both my mobiles as uknown caller as expected...

I then added BOTH my numbers and called back in, even with my number in the book it announced uknown caller and logged the same duplicate number..

If I click add to phonebook it says number exists..

Any Ideas Steve??

TrOjAn

Spotted this error in the HS log

01/07/2010 14:57:02 - SnevlCallerID_func - process_ncid_data() block 2 -Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
                Well I went ahead and started it.. at first with NO numbers in the phonebook it announced both my mobiles as uknown caller as expected...

I then added BOTH my numbers and called back in, even with my number in the book it announced uknown caller and logged the same duplicate number..

Any Ideas Steve??

TrOjAn

Spotted this error in the HS log

01/07/2010 14:57:02 - SnevlCallerID_func - process_ncid_data() block 2 -Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Terry, after adding them to the phone book you did edit the phone book and change the names from Unknown to something else, didn't you?
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I did indeed, I also added a custom announcement...

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                    Danielbo
                    The feature I was talking about adding is the one that ask for the name of the caller and who they are wanting, like that other script that is out there, but have it so I could turn it on or off from steves script, like maybe while I have DND on it would ask who is calling and who do they want, put caller on hold and speak the information over the speakers. Some time I would just like to hear who it its while using DND, but not keep speaking the name. That is what I was meaning.
                    Took a while to get back with you because I am having problems with my email server company, getting ready to switch.
                    danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post

Any Ideas Steve??

TrOjAn
                      Trojan,

The problem is a bug that I fixed a while ago, but I did not release the fix yet simply because it was only reported by one person. Apparently outside the US it is possible for the CallerID NAME to be completely blank. That wasn't a condition I had allowed for, so it crashed the script on each of those calls, prior to doing all the things you would like to have happen.

I'm getting ready to go out of town for a long weekend, but if you send me an email (snevl at msn dot com) I will send you the fixed version. I probably should put together a release v1.4 sometime soon, even though there haven't been that many changes. That would talke a while though, and I don't want to hold you up.

Fact is, I think I had your email address somewhere from when Blade was black-listed, but I can't seem to find it now.

Sorry for the error!

Steve

Comment

Does anyone know if the CWCID (Call Waiting) works with the Way2Call and SnevlCID?

Thanks

Comment

works for me. are you not having any luck? how do you have the phones wired? Mine goes line -> NCID -> W2C -> phones.

I have ignore CID set to "yes" on the hsphone setup page.

Let me know if yo have any trouble,

Ian
                          Plugins:
                          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Ian touched on the key item: NCID. The CWCID was added way back when all I supported wa the NetCallerID box. I know the code should work with anything that reports CID while the phone is off-hook, as long as you have HSPhone (I use HSPhone script calls to tell if the phone is off-hook). Obviously you have HSP, but you are implying that you are using the W2C as your CID device. I don't know, but I would suspect that the W2C doesn't cause the event trigger I'm looking for when off-hook.

Steve

Comment

That is correct, I am using line -> W2C -> phones. I see the CIDW in the Homeseer log, but it doesn't announce or is not captured by SnevlCID.

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
                                That is correct, I am using line -> W2C -> phones. I see the CIDW in the Homeseer log, but it doesn't announce or is not captured by SnevlCID.
                                That's a problem w/HS. I went round and round w/them about it (here on the board...long time ago). I seem to recall it was a decision they actively made, to NOT support CWCID. Sad thing is, this is why we need NCID and SnevlCID. Good thing is - STEVE TO THE RESCUE! (for me, at least, with an NCID).

If you care to read up on it, here are the 4 threads I know mentioned it in.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=122149

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=900803

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=791803

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137515
                                Plugins:
                                BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
                                X