SnevlCID Package Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevea View Post
    Ok, so here's the easy way to make a repeat announcement work. Unzip the attached file somewhere on your HS machine. It is an compiled AutoIt script. All you have to do is run it (only one time, then you can throw it away).

Assumptions:
    1. You only have one phone line you want to do this with on SnevlCID (otherwise, it will only make the change to work with the first line)
    2. You have configured SnevlCID to create and use the "CID Announcement Text Device" (where SnevlCID will put the annouced name of the caller)
    3. You have configured SnevlCID to create and use the "New CID" event.
    What the executable will do:
    1. Create a new event that will announce the caller
    2. Add an action to the New CID event to do a delayed trigger of the event created in #1.
    I tried it here and it seemed to work. Let me know if there are any issues.

Steve
    Thanks Steve, worked great for me

Comment

could someone tell a dummy how to find which port my net caller id is running on. I started having problems after a big strorm. I have everything surge protected, but I believe a few things got zapped. My way2call light that shows you are using a headset is staying on and I never us one. So I put a old homeseer modem in which will not answer when you hit the #. I think that is why I bought the way to call. My other net caller id doesnt seem to want to work at all, it wont show up on any of the com ports I have entered. They dont make those any more and I cant afford a new way2call.
      Any one have a way2call, homeseer modem or a net caller id let me know.
      Thanks
      danielbo
      danielbo

Comment

I have a W2C and two net CID's running (and a HS modem in my HA "stuff" box).

Unplug (power off) and remove all your devices and disable the plugins for a bit. (say a day or two)

Your net CID port should be in your ini file for Steve's CID application (used to be in the startup txt file). You can probably take it off HS and connect it to another PC to test it.

I think Steve is using a Homeseer Modem with his current configuration. I used to use one and it did work (I had some issues though that I can't remember anymore).

After a time plug in your W2C box and see if it works. If it doesn't then call up the company and ask them about repairs?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Daniel,

I don't have a W2C, so can't help you there. I think the easiest way to both check out the NetCallerID box and make sure you know what port it is on is to do the following:
          1. Stop HS, or more importantly, stop everything that may be opening a com port.
          2. With the NetCallerID plugged into one of the COM ports, open a serial connection with Hyperterm (if it wasn't installed with your OS, do a Google and get it). Use 4800 baud, no parity, 8 data bits, and 1 stop bit.
          3. Call your landline via your cell phone. After one ring you should see something show up on the screen of the NetCallerID, and on the Hyperterm window.
          4. If you didn't get anything on #3, try a different COM port. Close the connection with Hyperterm, move the NetCallerID to the next port, and repeat steps 2 and 3.
          5. If you never get data on the NetCallerID display you probably have a bad one. Obviously, if you don't get anything in the Hyperterm window then the NetCallerID box won't work with SnevlCID anyway.
          Steve

Comment

USB modem - SnevlCID logging no name and number

Hi,
            I have a USB modem which I have installed as COM1 with the drivers and can access with a terminal program. I have SnevlCID set up (been using it with a serial mode, but had to change machines and modems as new machine has no serial ports).

The new modem has CID activated with AT+VCID=1. When I call into the modem line, It triggers snevlCID (I assume it may be the RING response?) but the number is logged as "none" as is the "name".

Attached is a screen capture of the output on a terminal program. Is this a standard format output? I have "wait for name" ticked. How can I get this to work with SnevlCID?

Cheers,
            Phil
            Attached Files
            Last edited by psampson; August 24, 2010, 08:41 AM. Reason: add image

Comment

Originally posted by psampson View Post
              Hi,
              I have a USB modem which I have installed as COM1 with the drivers and can access with a terminal program. I have SnevlCID set up (been using it with a serial mode, but had to change machines and modems as new machine has no serial ports).

The new modem has CID activated with AT+VCID=1. When I call into the modem line, It triggers snevlCID (I assume it may be the RING response?) but the number is logged as "none" as is the "name".

Attached is a screen capture of the output on a terminal program. Is this a standard format output? I have "wait for name" ticked. How can I get this to work with SnevlCID?

Cheers,
              Phil
              Phil,
              Turn on debug in the SnevlCID config page, take some calls, and send me the debug file (SnevlCID_debug.txt in the root HS directory). My email address is snevl at msn dot com (I think you already have it). I'll be out of town for a couple of days, but will look at it starting Friday. It looks like it should be working, but if it is got something failing it should be easy to fix.
              Steve

Comment

first ring trigger

Steve,

Thanks for the great package. I just installed it on my Hometroller with the Hiro USB modem and it works great!! I like the extras you threw in to export either the HSP addressbook or your Outlook Contacts into the snevl Phonebook.

I also like how you have a seperate entry for mobile, fax and home numbers - nice to be able to have unique announcements for each variation.

Question: Is there a trigger for first ring? Could OnRing trigger be added?

On my Homeseer 1.7 server, I switched on the power of all my RF speakers throughout the house prior to the callerID announcements using first ring as the trigger. I also see that back in 2008 for the UltraCID package, jrfuda requested:
                One thing I like to do is have the TV mute & DVR/DVD/etc pause when the phone rings. This is a slow process when responding to CID available, but was faster back in my pre-hometroller days using the HS PCI modem and responding to rings.

So, this is why I want to know if the plugin lets HS know the phone is ringing, and if it has triggers that can be based on rings. Thanks!
                and ultrajones responded:
                I just added an UltraCID OnRing HomeSeer trigger. It supports "Any" or Ring 1-5.
                I don't know that I want to run HSP just to get that trigger
                Last edited by ameridan; August 25, 2010, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ameridan View Post
                  Steve,
                  Question: Is there a trigger for first ring? Could OnRing trigger be added?
                  Ameridan,

I think I can do something along those lines. I'm pretty sure that UltraCID only works with regular modems. Modems do report RING, but the other devices that SnevlCID interfaces to (CTI Meteor, NetCallerID, WhozzCalling, and YAC) don't. With that as the main caveat, I'll try and work on it as soon as I can.

Is a trigger on ANY ring good enough, or do you need the additional functionality Ultra talked about of a particular ring?

Steve

Comment

Wow, that would be great! For my purposes, any ring on Line 1 should work as I would just specify that the event not be retriggered for 60 seconds.

Wireless RF speakers are nice, but during "silent" periods, the occasional drifting interference white noise from various sources and as you walk around in the house can get annoying - that is why I turn the power off to them unless there are announcements.

Now that the CallerID announcements are so much quicker, I hope the speakers will power up quick enough, or I'll have to introduce a delay in the announcements

P.S. If your efforts don't result in an OnRing trigger, then I could also use your CallerID event feature and script the device ON, delay, caller ID announcement.
                    Last edited by ameridan; August 25, 2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

wildcards

One feedback item of note steve:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...95&postcount=9

you mention that the wildcard characters are covered in the instructions, but I couldn't find them. I was assuming the character was "*" until I came across the thread above stating that the characters are "%" and "_".

Thanx again for the great package.

-Dan

Comment

Wow, that would be great! For my purposes, any ring on Line 1 should work as I would just specify that the event not be retriggered for 60 seconds.

Wireless RF speakers are nice, but during "silent" periods, the occasional drifting interference white noise from various sources and as you walk around in the house can get annoying - that is why I turn the power off to them unless there are announcements.

Now that the CallerID announcements are so much quicker, I hope the speakers will power up quick enough, or I'll have to introduce a delay in the announcements

P.S. If your efforts don't result in an OnRing trigger, then I could also use your CallerID event feature and script the device ON, delay, caller ID announcement.
                        Ameridan:
                        I think I have something for you to try. Since I don't have a generic modem myself, I'm not certain it will work. I thought I had your email, but I guess I don't. Can you send me an email at snevl at msn dot com, and I'll send you back a link to download the replacement files.
                        Steve

Comment

One feedback item of note steve:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...95&postcount=9

you mention that the wildcard characters are covered in the instructions, but I couldn't find them. I was assuming the character was "*" until I came across the thread above stating that the characters are "%" and "_".

Thanx again for the great package.

-Dan
                          Dan,
                          Thanks for the feedback. I think you are saying that somewhere else you saw something that mentioned the wildcard characters, but you didn't find them in the instructions? I'll go work on the instructions and make sure they are there.
                          Steve

P.S. Ok, I just looked and found that somewhere along the way I had actually removed all the stuff in the instructions regarding either the call log or phonebook web pages. Anyway, I'll put them back and try to make sure they are current.

Comment

first ring trigger

Steve provided me with a beta that includes the First Ring option and it worked great, but in the end it was much easier to simply use the NewCID event that was already there with the included custom announcement script.

By simply adding hs.WaitSecs(2) prior to the announcement in that script, I am able to power up my wireless speakers and then get my CID announcement throughout the house.

I only mention this in case someone else can really see a use for First Ring, because in my case, it isn't much quicker than CallerID available, and it may cause less confusion to not publish this option.

Thank you very much for your efforts though - Steve!!!

It may very well be the only plugin I'll need (other than tenHsPower, another well written FREE plugin), atleast until I start playing with Z-wave and some of the other technologies .
                            Last edited by ameridan; August 28, 2010, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Dan.

At this point, it is marginally easier to leave in this mod than to take it out, although - as Dan has pointed out - it may not be useful to anyone.

A little background: For the US, the Caller ID data is transmitted between the first and second ring. As technology has progressed, it seems like it is almost always right after the first ring. In the UK (and maybe in other countries - I can't remember), the CID is actually before the first ring. For things like SnevlCID, having the CID data before the first ring is really useful, since you can choose not to intercept the call before it rings. In the US, the only way to do that is to fake it out the way that he W2C does it: Don't ring through to the rest of the phones until after the first ring.

So for the UK it never would make sense to have an event on the first ring, and Dan has discovered that the New CID event is virtually at the same time as the First Ring, so I would imagine this won't be something I should keep in a future candidate v1.32. If anyone disagrees and wants me to leave it in, let me know. (I can even give you the Beta )

Steve

Comment

Steve, your memory is good, or have you notes.

For the UK and I think Europe, and then there Australia, or was it Spain, but Spain is Europe, you got it working with a Meteor for a HS user, so your product is very Universal. Probably why your package works so well over here as it announces before the phone even rings. (BTW not if you are using a HMS, then it will announce after the the first ring) It also appears to popular in the US.

For I one of the best additions to SnevelCID was the modified script, and I have to apologise because I can remember it's original author's, is the one one that announced who has called when you were out. Steve perfected it into Snead with the consent of the original Author.

SnevelCID is probably the most versatile CID add on I have come across for HS.
                                sigpic
                                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                                X