SnevlCID Package Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Steve,

Installed 1.28. Everything seems fine...

Thanks....
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Comment

You can sent me or Steve the log file....

I'm Dutch too, so maybe that helps
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Bedankt Rien,

I see in the log that the entry is being ignored, but that the data is definately there.

2009-04-03 13:15:45Z ... Raw data from COM port = [CALLING NMBR = 35xxx294]
          2009-04-03 13:15:45Z ... Ignoring 'CALL'
          2009-04-03 13:15:47Z ... Raw data from COM port = [RING]
          2009-04-03 13:15:47Z ... Got RING; ring count = 1
          2009-04-03 13:15:52Z ... Raw data from COM port = [RING]
          2009-04-03 13:15:52Z ... Got 2nd RING with no CID info. Logging it as a call.
          2009-04-03 13:15:52Z ... Got RING; ring count = 2
          2009-04-03 13:15:52Z ... Line=1, After reverse, Name = |caller unknown|
          2009-04-03 13:15:52Z ... In search_phonebook(), about to search for Number=No CID
          2009-04-03 13:15:52Z ... returned from search_phonebook(), i_ret=-1, phone_list_name=caller unknown
          2009-04-03 13:15:52Z ... blocked_cids: Searching for caller unknown, result = False

Is this something that can be easily fixed ?

Cheers,

Evja

Comment

evja,

The "CALLING" is not something I'd seen before. I'll need to modify the code to handle that. Let me work on it and send you a version to try. Can you send me a PM with your email address?

Steve

Comment

I sent evja v1.28.1 which handles the "CALLING" from the modem. I'm not planning to post that version here since I don't think anyone else has that issue. It will be in the next release, and doesn't affect anything else.

Steve

Comment

I'm trying to implement Snevl for the main purpose of blocking several unwanted calls. I got it set up OK, and I'm playing around with it by calling with my cell phone. The wave file works and the announcement works.

However, when I add my cell # to the blocked list, the phones still ring and is never picked up, the blocked message "Please do not call..." plays over the speaker - not the phone.

I have NET Caller ID device on COM5, Way2Call, and HSPhone. I also use Vonage and use that voicemail if the phone is not answered.

Comment

AJ,

I'm sure we will figure this out. Your setup (NetCallerID and HSPhone) is actually pretty close to mine, and very common amoung SnevlCID users.

Do you have the checkbox selected to use HSPhone?

Send me a PM and we can exchange email addresses, then I'd like you to send me your debug file.

I'm actually on business travel right now and I don't have anyway to dive into the code. I'll be back later in the week, and then I'll be able to nail this down.

Steve

Comment

Hi steve,

Thanks for the quick turnaround on my issue.

Installed 1.28.1 which is now picking up the CID number initially.

For each call however, I get 2 call log entries. First one with the correct CID, and second (last) one with No CID info.

I checked the log and noticed that after the 2nd ring, it seems to do a lookup again in the phonebook and has no number data, resulting in the second `no CID` call in the log. This results in the devices being loaded with unknow number/name even if it did recognize it initially. This is all for one call, so something seems to be happening twice.

Did try with numbers with and without phonebook entries, but this makes no difference.

Below are the log entries for a single call.

2009-04-07 16:50:42Z ... Raw data from COM port = [CALLING NMBR = 62xxx119]
                    2009-04-07 16:50:42Z ... Stripping off 'CALLING '
                    2009-04-07 16:50:42Z ... Got Number: '62xxx119'
                    2009-04-07 16:50:43Z ... Line=1, After reverse, Name = |caller unknown|
                    2009-04-07 16:50:43Z ... In search_phonebook(), about to search for Number=62xxx119
                    2009-04-07 16:50:43Z ... returned from search_phonebook(), i_ret=-1, phone_list_name=caller unknown
                    2009-04-07 16:50:43Z ... blocked_cids: Searching for caller unknown, result = False
                    2009-04-07 16:50:44Z ... Raw data from COM port = [RING]
                    2009-04-07 16:50:44Z ... Got RING; ring count = 1
                    2009-04-07 16:50:49Z ... Raw data from COM port = [RING]
                    2009-04-07 16:50:49Z ... Got 2nd RING with no CID info. Logging it as a call.
                    2009-04-07 16:50:49Z ... Got RING; ring count = 2
                    2009-04-07 16:50:49Z ... Line=1, After reverse, Name = |caller unknown|
                    2009-04-07 16:50:49Z ... In search_phonebook(), about to search for Number=No CID
                    2009-04-07 16:50:49Z ... returned from search_phonebook(), i_ret=-1, phone_list_name=caller unknown
                    2009-04-07 16:50:49Z ... blocked_cids: Searching for caller unknown, result = False
                    2009-04-07 16:50:54Z ... Raw data from COM port = [RING]
                    2009-04-07 16:50:54Z ... Got RING; ring count = 3
                    2009-04-07 16:50:59Z ... Raw data from COM port = [RING]
                    2009-04-07 16:50:59Z ... Got RING; ring count = 4

Thanks,

Evja

Comment

Steve,

just noticed in the homeseer log that the New CID event is triggering twice for a single call about 7 seconds apart, which is probably explaining the snevl log entries, and second CID being empty.

Any idea why this is happening ?

Cheers,

Evja

Comment

evja,

I'll take a look at it. The logic to take care of the situation where there may be a NAME reported (like in the US) but may not (like in Europe) is a little complicated. I'm sure I can get it working right. I'll try and send you a new version soon to try out.

I just got back from a business trip, and I know I'm going to be pretty busy at work for a couple of days. It may be Friday before I get something to you.

Steve

Comment

I had one user who discovered a problem where the Call Log web page would crash if looking at calls before last December. It took a while to figure out what is wrong, but it appears that there are some NULLs in the database that ASP.NET doesn't like. They shouldn't be there, and I'm not sure how they got there, but if anyone else is having the same problem just run the attached script one time. E.g., on the "Control Panel" HS web page, in the "Immediate Command" text box (near the bottom of the page), put this command:

&hs.Run "CallLogFix.vben"

then hit the "Execute Command" button.

The SnevlCID script doesn't insert NULLs in the database, so after you run it once you shouldn't have to run it ever again. Obviously, if you were not using NCID before Dec-08, you are not affected.

Steve
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hey guys, I hope all is well. I haven't been on here for a while, that old bug just wont leave me alone. We just moved and I up graded my computer. The only thing it seems to not be working is Snevlcid. I have looked around, but don't know if I have the current script. This is my favorite program, well other then weather programs that give warnings. I have never gotten it to work the way I wanted it to. I know any time I had a problem with this script Steve was always there to help you. If you just suggested to add something, it was added in a day or two. Best programer I have ever worked with, two thumbs up. I just want to make sure I have the most current version could someone help me with this? I know if I would take time to read I could find the answers but who has time right now. It easier to ask the professionals. I was hoping that someone could explain a few new featurs I found on the version I have loaded now.
                            CID Name Devices:
                            CID Number Devices:
                            CID Announcement Text Devices:
                            CID Announcement Control Devices:

Maybe just a little sentence to in dumb lingo, on what they do. I set them up, but nothing is happening.

Thanks guys and Steve for one of the best programs out there.

Danielbo
                            danielbo

Comment

Daniel,

Good to hear from you. You were one of my original Beta testers!

Quick answer to the questions:

First, for all these devices; If you put a device code (e.g. X5) in these fields the script will create a device if there isn't already one. As for what they do...

1) CID Name Device - When a new call comes in, the name (based on the SnevlCID phonebook, or whatever comes in on the call) will be put into the device text of this device.

2) CID Number Device - Same thing, but the caller telephone number will be put in the device text.

3) Announcement Text Device - Device text contains the text that would be announced.

4) Announcement control device - Turn ON or OFF to Enable or Disable the script making the announcement. If you are script literate, you can turn this device off and do your own announcement, either using what is put in the Announcement Text Device, or your own text built from the CID name device and/or the CID number device.

Hope that helps. Let me know if there is more I can help you with.

Steve

Comment

Hey Steve,
                                Thank you, those are some pretty cool features. It was really what I was thinking, I just couldnt get them to work for me. I was wondering about the most current version. I know you probaly emailed me with it, but I had a crash or something when we moved. The computer was a few years old so I upgraded it, plus a new hard drive. Could you email me you most current or is it on the board. I am not sure what version I have. Thanks guy for any help you can give me. I believe you have my home email, if not let me know. Hope you are having a great weekend.
                                Danielbo
                                danielbo

Comment

Working...
                                X