Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    Steve, I need some help

I moved my whole system from Hometroller to dedicated windows box and now I get double announcements for incoming calls. I get the normal trigger and announcement when the phone rings and now I get a second event trigger whenever I hang up the phone. I also get 2 text messages now instead of one.

Im sure its something stupid, but Ive tried for hours and cant figure it out.

When I moved things to the new computer, I got a bit lost and shuffled folders around. I may have mixed and matched older and newer versions of files. I dont know. I did manage to save my phone logs and database. I use Homeseer Phone and didnt change any of the settings I used before. I looked through the scripts and config folders expecting to see duplicate copies of files, but didnt.
    Ok, so I looked at the code. The WhozzCalling?4 does report end-of-call. I normally ignore it, but I did put some custom code in for someone two years ago. It should kick in only if you are that person (it requires some very custom things in the INI file that would be impossible to accidentally enable). Other than that, the end-of-call is ignored.

I wondering if the end-of-call is being reported by the device as a start of call. Obviously that would require a fault in the WhozzCalling?4 box.

Let's do this: Turn on debug (near the bottom of the config page), and gather some info during a couple of calls. Make note of the time of the start of call and end of call. Grab the debug file (Snevl_CID_debug.txt in your main Homeseer directory), zip it up and send it to me: Snevl at msn dot com. In the message, tell me when the calls started and ended. I may end up having to send you a version with a little more debug enabled.

Steve

Comment

Great. Ive been busy the last couple of days but will send it to you today.

Comment

I've managed to fix the issue Paul was having. It looks like anyone using the WhozzCalling?4 as the CID device will be getting double announcements and double emails / texts. The reason is that the WhozzCallling?4 reports both the start of a call and the end of a call, and my code was handling both the same. If anyone else needs the fix, send me an email at snevl at msn dot com. I don't want to post a new version because I will be out of town for a couple of weeks.

Steve

Comment

Steve, you might remember my request for help to create a 2nd announcement. While I may be slow on the uptake, today I discovered what is obvious. The second announcement using the immediate scrip in delayed event repeats what is stored in the HS device specified in setup for the last caller. But that is specifically first and last name from the phonebook. What is announced the 1st time is the field Announce. Any suggestion on how to get a true 2nd announce. I kept hearing a different announcement but it never dawned on me till today what's the cause.

-rick
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
            Steve, you might remember my request for help to create a 2nd announcement. While I may be slow on the uptake, today I discovered what is obvious. The second announcement using the immediate scrip in delayed event repeats what is stored in the HS device specified in setup for the last caller. But that is specifically first and last name from the phonebook. What is announced the 1st time is the field Announce. Any suggestion on how to get a true 2nd announce. I kept hearing a different announcement but it never dawned on me till today what's the cause.

-rick
            Rick,

I may be a little dense here. Is the difference that you have a preamble defined in the config?

Steve

Comment

Steve

No I don't think dense. My announce field is often different than first name + last name. For example Caller ID data from the phone company is often unusable especially when its for a company. The first and last fields then have chopped up portions of the company name. Other times I will have a first and last name but often their names are so seldom used by me I don't recognize the individual but I do know the company. So I will set the announce to the persons name and the company. Other times I will set the announce field to PEST but leave the first and last name intact.

So I guess anther way to look at this is I have shot myself. But on the other hand most of the time it works just fine especially for personal calls and I just wanted to highlight this issue if you ever feel the need to improve which BTW I still love it as is as its a tremendously useful product to me.

-rick
              -Rick

Comment

Rick,

I'm sure we can make it do the second announcement just like the first one. I need to understand what you are calling the "announce field". It apparently isn't simply what is in the announcement device.

Steve

Comment

The images show the field that is announced by the original event. My(your) event/script reads what stored in the HS device codes which is the first name and last. As far as I know the script doesn't store in announce field anywhere and I don't know how to dig to out of the access db.
                  Attached Files
                  -Rick

Comment

Rick,

Ok, I see what you are talking about from the Phonebook. However, that is only used if there is a phonebook match. Whatever is going to be announced is also placed into the Announcement Device, if you have defined one. So we can pretty easily fix this. Let me see if I can throw together a quick script that you can put in place of the quick and dirty one I had assigned to the second announcement device. I assume you want one for both lines, right?

Steve

Comment

Actually, this is the answer. I now see in the setup there is an option to create a hs device to hold onto the announcement. I was, till now ignorant of them unaware and not using. So now that I have specified devises I can just change my event to read them. So, no problem. Thanks for your responses.

-rick
                      -Rick

Comment

Yeah, I think we were talking past each other there. I didn't know you were talking about the phonebook, and I couldn't communicate that what you were looking for should be in the Announcement device. Sorry.

Steve

Comment

CTI Meteor problem

I've been using SnevlCID happily with a CTI Meteor for a couple of years now.
                          After some initial teething problems, I had to buy a fairly expensive but recommend USB adapter to get it all working, but its been stable for ages.

Recently however, the initialisation LED on the CTI Meteor interface
                          seems to switch off after a few hours. Calls are then no longer announced.
                          Nothing has changed in my setup for months and I seldom need to mess about with HSPRO.

When I quit and restart HSPRO, the Meteor comes back on and works normally again.
                          It always seems to initialise properly in the startup script as well, same as always.

I guess its either the Meteor, Windows or the USB interface but are there any suggestions on how I might
                          be able to track this down and fix the problem?
                          Its like the USB is going to sleep or something, but why has this just started happening?

Comment

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post
                            I've been using SnevlCID happily with a CTI Meteor for a couple of years now.
                            After some initial teething problems, I had to buy a fairly expensive but recommend USB adapter to get it all working, but its been stable for ages.

Recently however, the initialisation LED on the CTI Meteor interface
                            seems to switch off after a few hours. Calls are then no longer announced.
                            Nothing has changed in my setup for months and I seldom need to mess about with HSPRO.

When I quit and restart HSPRO, the Meteor comes back on and works normally again.
                            It always seems to initialise properly in the startup script as well, same as always.

I guess its either the Meteor, Windows or the USB interface but are there any suggestions on how I might
                            be able to track this down and fix the problem?
                            Its like the USB is going to sleep or something, but why has this just started happening?
                            Check the USB in the device manager and make sure it's not set to go to sleep. It's in the Power Management tab.
                            sigpic
                            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Yeah, I think Gogs has the right idea. It is probably a power management problem.

Steve

Comment

Last edited by reggs11; August 17, 2013, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X