No announcement yet.

SnevlCID Package Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be very surprised if it's the Meteor, though not impossible.

How long have you had the Meteor?
    Have you tried it on another USB port?
    If possible, can you run the USB with no other USBs plugged in?
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Meteor is about 18 months old.

I have swapped it between different USB ports, same problem.

When messing about with it yesterday I noticed that the initialisation light on the Meteor doesn't always come back on when I restart Homeseer though.
      Sometimes I actually need to reboot the PC.

I also updated Prolific USB drivers yesterday, they're now dated Feb 2013 but same problem. Meteor stayed initialised for roughly 10 hours without stopping.

I can disconnect other USB's but do need them.
      I have SnevlCID talking to Snevl_bb so that CID info gets sent to my Betabrite sign which is what I mainly use it for.
      Only other USB device is a Aeon Labs Z Stick as I remote desktop to Homeseer over the LAN, so it doesn't have a keyboard or mouse.

Like I said though, it used to work fine.
      Annoying.

Comment

When I purchased my Meteor it came with a stand alone CID programme. If you have one try running the Meteor with it and remove it from HS to see it it stays active or not.

You could also try turning on the Snevl debug log if you have not done so already.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Great idea Gogs - I shut HS down for a few hours, used a small CID program and the Meteor shuts off the same way as it does with HS.

So thats the Meteor or USB convertor I'd say.
          Unfortunately although I have roughly 4 different USB convertors, only one of them will work with my Meteor, the one I bought with the Meteor from Crucible.

I might just give them a call to see what they recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post
            I shut HS down for a few hours, used a small CID program and the Meteor shuts off the same way as it does with HS.
            Why not try the same again, but this time on a PC with a proper com port rather than use the USB to RS232 converter?

That would tell you if it's the Meteor or the converter.

Comment

USB Root Hub Power Management

Sounds like you have to go into properties (using Device Manager) of all of your USB Root Hubs and deselect "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" under the Power Management tab. I was going to refer you to the comment where I wrote this up, but there are almost 1000 comments in this thread making it impossible to find anymore.

Comment

Steve,

Is there a way to make your HS2 script/plugin just do a "real" fast busy signal from the way2call box instead of the combo TTS / wav file?

I am thinking with so many telemarketing calls it might be faster now just to do the fast busy signal then hang up on the call.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Steve,

Is there a way to make your HS2 script/plugin just do a "real" fast busy signal from the way2call box instead of the combo TTS / wav file?

I am thinking with so many telemarketing calls it might be faster now just to do the fast busy signal then hang up on the call.
                  Pete,

I'm pretty sure the only thing that we can do through the W2C is TTS or a WAV file. So the "real" fast busy can't be done.

The fast busy signal (SIT - Special Information Tone) is available in a pretty small WAV file on the Internet, I think. I have a copy on my server at home, but we are currently on a road trip so I can't access it.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve. I can download it.

I am currently now using your application on two HS boxes.

Wondering though if your application would talk to the old serial w2c box and the usb box at the same time?
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Steve,

Now Pete you have given me an idea as I also get too many marketing calls.

I think I'll did out my old way2call box and see if I can get it working again with HS and SnevlCID.
                      sigpic

Comment

The older serial W2C box would work except for the TTS stuff.

That said lately thinking of just dropping the call instead of even answering it as soon as HS sees that its a non wanted call.

Thinking too it would be great to record the garbage call and set a call back with a redial to same telemarketer of say 60 minutes with their own message and CID (with an added piece of text) each time or autoforward the coming call to a disconnected phone line.

Found a bunch of sites relating to telemarketing stuff:

http://www.scn.org/~bk269/telemarketing.html

Found the original recordings made by Pat Fleet regarding wrong number etc. here:

http://www.beatriceco.com/bti/portic...uncements.html

I converted the mentioned above wave files and uploaded here:

https://db.tt/iTeHjXDn

I also copied them to my homeseer directory.
                        Last edited by Pete; September 21, 2013, 06:30 PM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thanks Steve. I can download it.

I am currently now using your application on two HS boxes.

Wondering though if your application would talk to the old serial w2c box and the usb box at the same time?
                          Pete,

Unfortunately, Rich et al went only far enough to support the USB version, and although HSPro is supposed to support two of those, I haven't ever heard of anyone successfully doing it. All the Snevl CID interaction with the W2C is through Homeseer, so if they don't support it I guess I don't either. Sorry.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Its working OK right now with the two HS boxes and one W2C on each of the boxes.

I may have tried the serial version of the W2C box around HS Version 1.7 or so.

It did do all of the telco stuff then except for the TTS stuff.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Just a comment here relating to CID in general...

Here I have now been just blocking any CIDs which utilize "private" or that are out of state or 800 numbers or this and that....

Yesterday during a "test" disaster recovery thing for a non mentioned bank and a phone call to my home showed a generic non descript CID coming in and of course it was blocked and dropped.

Thing is and it probably wouldn't matter anyways; but in the event that there was a disaster and someone had called 911 from the DR site; there would have been no geographically methods to pin point the call; therefore the on site DR folks would have a really big issue trying to get help should that have occurred.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

I've noticed that Doctors and Dentists that want to call us for follow-up stuff almost always have Private numbers too, so I've had the same problem as well. I try to get them to call our cells, but several times we've not managed to get their calls.

When we switched to VOIP I made the decision to not move over our old land-line number. It was right during the 2012 election, and we had been getting 6-10 robo-calls per day. By moving to a new number (and leaving it unlisted, which is the default with VOIP), I've managed to almost eliminate any unwanted calls. So I may go ahead and remove the "PRIVATE" block at some point.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X