No announcement yet.

SnevlCID Package Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting you mention Doctors and Dentists offices.

One example that I saw which would cause issues was a patient (she was maybe some 70 or so years old) falling off an examining chair.

The office manager did call 911 concerned about the womens head injury.

Would they have remembered to remove the "private call" CID stuff if it was enabled? Probably not in that case.

I also utilize voip here.

Curious how long do you personally think that having a VOIP number will dissuade telemarketeers (even unlisted) from calling?
    Last edited by Pete; September 23, 2013, 03:16 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Curious how long do you personally think that having a VOIP number will dissuade telemarketeers (even unlisted) from calling?
      I guess I don't know. There must be some over-arching registry of numbers that have been assigned, to make sure numbers don't get double subscribed. However, I would not think the VOIP providers publish their numbers, or at least I hope they don't.

Steve

Comment

What has changed here locally is that I now pay extra fees / taxes on my VOIP lines.

With that occuring my VOIP lines ends up in some database anyways.

Geez what is wrong with this "picture"?

Consumers (users of telco anything) having to pay "extra" now; and the telemarketing industry functioning (willy nilly like) with a total disregard of do not call org lists, using whatever numbers they want and CID lately with absolutely no compliance to anybody but themselves.
        Last edited by Pete; September 24, 2013, 07:49 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Steve,

Is there a way to do a whole phone exchange block with your application?

Say like blocking any numbers like 555-123-1***, or 555-12x-**** or 555-***-****
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Steve,

Is there a way to do a whole phone exchange block with your application?

Say like blocking any numbers like 555-123-1***, or 555-12x-**** or 555-***-****
            Pete,

Yes. In the Phonebook, create a new entry, mark it blocked, and put in the partial phone number with "%" as the multi-character wildcard, or "_" as single character. For your examples, you would put in

5551231%
            55512%
            555%

However, you could also use
            555_234567

to block 5551234567, 5552234567, 5553234567, etc.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

You have made my day!

This is great news.

Thank-you.
              Last edited by Pete; September 27, 2013, 04:17 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

One other note: Snevl CID will attempt to match an exact match before it looks at wildcards. So, if you have one number you want to let through that is inside the broad range you define to block, you can do that.

Steve

Comment

Thank-you Steve.

Yup; about 3 days ago started to get whole exchanges calling one number at a time; just a state cid; never repeating same number; just incrementing the numbers one at a time.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thanks

Hi Steve,
                    I would like to compliment you on the great plugin, I have been using it for long time and it works great. Last week, I blocked a telemarketer number and with my surprise, the phone did not ring and sent me an email stated that it was blocked, just perfect. There is anyway that via HSTouch or any other methods, I could select a telemarketing number and block it without going into the web, locate the name, select block and etc.

Thanks again,
                    Aldo

Comment

Help with error

Hi Steve

Any chance I could trouble you for a little assistance?

My HS machine went belly up and I had to restore it from a back up.

Now when I hit the "Caller ID" button on the HS web page I get the error below.

In the HS "web Site" set-up page, Snevl_CID_Phonebook.aspx is in the "Custom web page" box for my Caller ID button, and Snevl_CID_Phonebook.aspx is in the html folder of HS.

I've tried replacing it just in case it was corrupt but I still get the same error.

What do I try now?

Many thanks in advance

Andy
                      Attached Files

Comment

Andy,

It looks like the Snevl_CID.dll is missing, or at least it thinks it is missing. It should be in html\bin. Can you make sure it is there? It may be the restore didn't pick it up.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                          Andy,

It looks like the Snevl_CID.dll is missing, or at least it thinks it is missing. It should be in html\bin. Can you make sure it is there? It may be the restore didn't pick it up.

Steve
                          Hi Steve

That was it!

Many thanks

Andy

Comment

I've noticed that when a call comes in (I've noticed this for far too long and don't know why I haven't said anything before) that it announces first the name of the caller but then it announces two more times for the same caller but usually describing it as an "unknown caller". Is there a way to just make one announcement per call? It must be that the modem is sending more than 1 call to the plugin per call, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                              I've noticed that when a call comes in (I've noticed this for far too long and don't know why I haven't said anything before) that it announces first the name of the caller but then it announces two more times for the same caller but usually describing it as an "unknown caller". Is there a way to just make one announcement per call? It must be that the modem is sending more than 1 call to the plugin per call, right?
                              There's nothing that Snevl CID would do to make multiple announcements. Do all three get logged in the call log separately? If so, Snevl CID is seeing them as three different calls.

What modem / CID device are you using?

Steve

Comment

My setup would occasionally announce unknown caller very soon after the
                                initial announcement (could it be a call waiting caller?) so I clicked on the option for the Event named New CID :

cannot retrigger for __ seconds and set it to 10. Problem solved.
                                Last edited by ameridan; March 18, 2014, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X