SnevlCID Package Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,

To be clear ( I am usually not... what I mean to say is I used Access to change the contents of existing fields normalizing for case, how I want name to display or speak, etc.

I did delete a considerable number of phone book records and as a wag I'm guessing the issue is because I have introduced mismatched relationship between the phonebook and homeseer_new. Don't really care about the caller file - can I just delete the existing records and have it start over?

Or is their an import (from outlook, csv, etc) to just start over?

Just looking for suggestion to easy fix.
    -Rick

Comment

If you have a back up use it and start again with whatever it was you were trying to do.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
        Steve,

To be clear ( I am usually not... what I mean to say is I used Access to change the contents of existing fields normalizing for case, how I want name to display or speak, etc.

I did delete a considerable number of phone book records and as a wag I'm guessing the issue is because I have introduced mismatched relationship between the phonebook and homeseer_new. Don't really care about the caller file - can I just delete the existing records and have it start over?

Or is their an import (from outlook, csv, etc) to just start over?

Just looking for suggestion to easy fix.
        I don't think anything in the caller log is used when you are doing announcements, so I don't think that is the problem. Any mismatch in the call log with what is in your phonebook would only change the way the call log is displayed.

The way you've described the changes you made doesn't sound like things that would mess up how it may match a number to a name.

If you want, send me an email at snevl at msn dot com and we can arrange for me to look at your Phonebook database file, and see if I can figure out what may be wrong.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for the offer and new information no link between caller and phonebook when looking up. Now armed with that information I decided to chase the problem a bit more and as I had quite a few records without a first or last name and before sending you the file, I thought I would remove them and see if any impacts detectable.

-rick
          -Rick

Comment

Steve,

In a frenzy panic relating to a super abundance of political telemarketing calls; I touched the configuration of SnelvCID(?).

I am using a W2C box.

It has worked fine up until I touched the configuration. Not sure exactly what I did....thinking I didn't change anything.

I messed something up.

The blocked call is being dropped after a ring; a good thing. The logs look just fine.

Testing on myself I am seeing the call drop but not hearing my wave file.

The logs do indicate that the wave file is playing.

I am wondering now what it is I messed up with my HS Phone settings or with SnelvCID?

11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM HSPhone CID Name: TOLL FREE CALLE CID Number: 8775855974
            11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM Phone Line 1 Caller ID Name: TOLL FREE CALLE Number: 8775855974
            11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM HSPhone Searching for a match on CID. CID Num is: 8775855974
            11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM HSPhone So far, no match, call has CID, but is not private or out-of-area, using default handling
            11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM HSPhone HSP is not set to popup caller info
            11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM HSPhone HSP is not set to announce unknown callers
            11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM Event Event Trigger "Send HSP Call to SnevlCID"
            11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM Event Running script in background: SnevlCallerID_funcs.vben("read_hsp_cid","")
            11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM Event Event Trigger "New CID"
            11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM Event Event Trigger "Blocked Caller"
            11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM Phone Line 1 Connected: Line 1
            11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM Phone Line 1 Read 463 lines from IVR file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\ivr\external_single.txt
            11/2/2014 2:38:59 PM HSPhone Line: Line 1 Speak: C:\Program Files\Homeseer 2\Data\Snevl\NoCircuitBOC-.mp3
            11/2/2014 2:39:00 PM Phone Line 1 Playing wave file over the phone: C:\Program Files\Homeseer 2\Data\Snevl\NoCircuitBOC-.mp3

11/2/2014 2:39:00 PM HSPhone SpeakWait start
            11/2/2014 2:39:00 PM HSPhone Finished SpeakWait
            11/2/2014 2:39:00 PM HSPhone Resetting line: Line 1
            11/2/2014 2:39:00 PM HSPhone Calling hangup for line: Line 1
            11/2/2014 2:39:00 PM HSPhone Enter OpenLine, line: Line 1
            11/2/2014 2:39:00 PM HSPhone Enter WaitForCall, modem: 2
            11/2/2014 2:39:00 PM HSPhone Muting rings disabled
            11/2/2014 2:39:02 PM HSPhone Finished Resetting line: Line 1
            11/2/2014 2:39:02 PM HSPhone Resetting line: Line 1
            11/2/2014 2:39:02 PM HSPhone Calling hangup for line: Line 1
            11/2/2014 2:39:02 PM HSPhone Enter OpenLine, line: Line 1
            11/2/2014 2:39:02 PM HSPhone Enter WaitForCall, modem: 2
            11/2/2014 2:39:02 PM HSPhone Muting rings disabled
            11/2/2014 2:39:04 PM HSPhone Finished Resetting line: Line 1
            11/2/2014 2:42:52 PM HSPhone Off Hook
            11/2/2014 2:42:52 PM Phone Line 1 Internal answer is disabled, ignoring off-hook
            11/2/2014 2:42:55 PM HSPhone On Hook
            11/2/2014 2:42:55 PM HSPhone Muting rings disabled
            Last edited by Pete; November 2, 2014, 06:08 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

I read your post twice, but am not clear what is happening. It's working as intended on calls you intend to block, but not on the others? Is the wav file you wanted to play on the answer, or on the blocked call?

You may need to turn on debug, and send me the debug file.

Steve

Comment

Thank you Steve.

It is working as intended sort of.

I test blocked my own CID from one line to another.

The phone picks up and drops the call fine.

I never hear the wave file though. The wave file is on the blocked call.

I had left debug on and never saw anything out of the ordinary. The Homeseer log indicates that it is a block call and also shows (above) that the wave file is playing. I just never hear it when I tested it.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

SnevlCID simply uses the built in functions to play back the wav file. Not sure what would prevent it working, and I'm not sure what you could have done (especially if you only changed the SnevlCID config).

I'll look at the code and see if anything looks suspect. Have you tried re-editing the config page and re-saving the WAV file setting?

Steve

Comment

Thank-you Steve.

I am now thinking that the HSPhone stuff broke because it was working too hard?

I had only looked at the HSPhone / Snelv CID stuff and saved the pages; but didn't change anything as far as I could tell.

Historically I would delete the HSPhone INI stuff and start it again and that would do it.

I will do that again.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Requests for consideration

Hi Steve,

I installed snevlCID yesterday and it works great. I've received several calls; some blocked, others announced.

Two ideas for your consideration:

Display the Caller's name on the PC screen in a very large font for a few seconds as their name is being announced. At times, I will be involved with an activity across the room from the PC, but with the monitor in view and I will miss the spoken name.

Put a "Dial" button on each line of the "Caller ID Phonebook" that would dial the person on that line when clicked. You would click the button and wait for the DTMF tones to complete, pick up the phone, and click the button again to release the modem.

I appreciate your making your great software available to us Steve,

Thank you!

Frank

Comment

Here I am back to normal functions on my SnelvCID.

I now recall that the last HSPhone for HS2 was never really fixed before HS3 was released.

That said it is the root of my issues and was fixed. Your plugin continues to work just fine.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Attached Files
                          -Rick

Comment

Clever!

I think you could have also used the PhoneManagement.vb script that is in the SnevlCID Extras. It was intended to speak all the callers since the house went unoccupied, but it was intended to be tied to DooMotion / BLRadar. It would be pretty easy to tie it instead to the alarm panel.

Having said that, I think your solution looks simpler.

Steve

Comment

HS3

Steve,

Will caller id work on hs3?

rick
                              -Rick

Comment

No, I'm pretty sure it won't. All the device stuff was broken when they decided to do this CAPI junk. I'm not interested in HS3, so I seem to be at the end of the line with Homeseer.

I'm guessing that Ultra's package would work, and Blade may have something that supports HS3 and does some of the things SnevlCID covered. Sorry.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X