X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stevea
    replied
    I think your Option one is already there. Check it out:

I'm pretty sure that in the "Extras" there is a sample script to handle your own announcements. You can turn off the SnevlCID announcements in the config page, and then tie this extras script (modified for your particulars) to the "New CID" event. Each time a new call comes in, it will trigger that script. The script has built in some stuff to show you how to pull the caller name and number for the announcement.

It's been a while since I looked at it. If that example script is not in the Extras folder I know I have it somewhere. Let me know.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Steve,
    Im happy to report that outbound dialing events work on all three lines I have hooked up to the WhoozCalling. Cool.

I do have HSPhone and plan on hooking it up next. I like to add things a little at a time and get it right before going to the next...

I have a different issue I wonder if you can help with.

I have a Russound whole house setup with two controllers and 12 zones and I use two scripts for making whole house announcements. The first script will turn on specific zones to the correct source. The announcement is then played. The final script will return all the zones to the source they were on before the announcement. As your program stands, I cannot use this setup to make CID announcements.

I can think of two small changes that I think might work for me.

1) Give me the option to turn off CID announcements in your program and I will trigger my scripts using CID events. I havent looked yet, but Im assuming there is a way to pull the name and number to speak it.

2) Tweak your program to always run script 1 then speak then run script2 for each announcement. This option seems cleaner to me, but its your call.

Thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    Thanks Steve.

Ill try it when I get home.

Does this function work on all the lines or just the first line?
    It will work on all lines, or at least it is supposed to. Since I've never had a WhozzCalling box, I've done it all going only on the specification.

The Outbound Dialed Event thing was actually written originally in support of the CTI Meteor box, which is used mainly in Britain / Europe. I've never had one of those either, but I know it works as - I beleive - at least two of the Meteor users are using the OB Event feature. When I saw that the WhozzCalling also reports outbound dialed numbers, I went ahead and enabled it there. I can't remember if anyone is using it though, so you may be breaking new ground!

Steve

EDIT: I should point out that this feature was mainly added to provide something similar to what HS Phone already did, for people who wanted to use SnevlCID but didn't want to use HS Phone. I can't remember now if you have HS Phone, but if you do you likely will only use it on one line, so it still may be useful.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Thanks Steve.

Ill try it when I get home.

Does this function work on all the lines or just the first line?

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    By the way: Although I mention it, it looks like I didn't ever provide any real instructions in the DOC about the Outbound Events page. It probably means that it was something I put in at the request of just a few people, and they understood how to use it. I think the only thing you need to know is that the dialed sequence needs to start with # in order to be used to trigger events. The rest should be pretty self-explanatory.

Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X