Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ASP] Event List - Discussion

Discussdion for [ASP] Event List script posted in the Library, here

Simple ASP page that lists HS events and the date that they last ran.
    -sorting by date, name, group
    -clicking group name opens events page for that group
    -clicking event name opens the edit event page for that event

jim

That's interesting. I updated the asp page to include the fix that Jon pointed out. I can edit my post but I can't reply to the thread, even though both Jon and Bill can. I kinda remember that library posts were supposed to be author edit only. Ah, well. So figured I'd start this so I can discuss my own posting.

Jon: Thanks for pointing out the buglet.
    Bill: At least I inspired someon to get something done today. Most of my cleanup time got spent on making the page. At least I can make better progress later. Your db will probably shrink once it goes through a compaction at some time in the future.

Jim,

I downloaded your [ASP Event List] extracted the file and put in the HomeSeer HS2/HTML folder. I called eventlistlastrun.asp but get this error:

Script error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E21

evdb.fields("Name") = EventDetails.Name
    evdb.fields("Group") = EventDetails.group

Any ideas?

TTA

Also funny thing: I too tried to post in your original thread but was unable to. I do not have permission to access this page. Although I see Ram was able to post. Strange; any he is having a similar problem as I.

Jim

Comment

I think I got it. I think you had either an event or group name longer than the field lengths I assigned. I uploaded a new version. Try it and see if it works.
      jim

Comment

Jim,
        Worked like a champ. I really like this event ASP. I think I have some cleaning to do.

Thank you

Jim

Comment

The newest version runs fine for me too.
          Thanks!!
          Dick
          HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Way cool, Jim! Thanks for posting this. I agree with comments by others: This makes me want to go in and clean out some stuff that I never use any more.

Steve

Comment

When I started looking I was amazed at how many events I had that haven't fired for 500+ days. Some I can remember setting up and why I set them up. It just doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I still have quite a few that I need to get clean out.
              jim

Comment

Before cleaning out your events if you dont mind look at the size of your MDB.

I went from 465 events to 230 events (more than half deleted) and the size of my MDB reported by Windows did not decease one bit.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                  Before cleaning out your events if you dont mind look at the size of your MDB.

I went from 465 events to 230 events (more than half deleted) and the size of my MDB reported by Windows did not decease one bit.
                  Bill,
                  The amount of disk space an Access database uses does not decrease unless the database is compacted. I have a script that I use to compact my databases, but I don't know that it would work on the Homeseer database. If you can open the database in Access (might need a password?), you can use the Tools in Access to compact it.
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                    Bill,
                    The amount of disk space an Access database uses does not decrease unless the database is compacted. I have a script that I use to compact my databases, but I don't know that it would work on the Homeseer database. If you can open the database in Access (might need a password?), you can use the Tools in Access to compact it.
                    Steve
                    Thanks, I'll give it a try (yes, I have a backup )

Anything to streamline the system.
                    Thank you for the explanation.

~Bill

Comment

Great script Jim!

I was actually working on the exact same thing but found that your programming skills are way better ;-)

Features Added
                      - Filter for Event groups
                      - Filter for minimum age
                      - Events ran in last 24hrs are gray (as they probably are less important for the purpose of this script)
                      - Lay-out changes

http://www.domoticaworld.com/scripts...eer-event-age/
                      Of course I added links to your script, being the basis of this script.

Cheers!
                      DJ

Comment

DJ,

I tried out your version, and unlike the original script, the sort doesn't function for me. Also, in my mind, the entries older than 24 hours should be gray as I don't care about the events that ran 3 years ago

I've attached a txt file of my output using your script with ALL, ALL, DATE DESC. in case that helps you...

[EDIT] The filters work fine, but date asc & date desc don't work for me.

Dan
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by ameridan; July 4, 2012, 06:02 PM. Reason: tried filters

Comment

Updated the script and added some features

version 0.6
                          - Fixed sorting (now sorting by age)
                          - Removed event group field (nicer lay-out)
                          - Lay-out changes
                          - You call 1 HTML which redirects to the latest .asp script
                          (to preserve your bookmarks)
                          http://www.domoticaworld.com/scripts...eer-event-age/
                          Last edited by DJF3; July 8, 2012, 07:40 AM.

Comment

DJ,

Great job!! Everything works now, and the layout is nicer. The only change I made was adding border='0' to the image source line as I was getting a border around my EDIT gif

Comment

DJF3,

Cool work! One question though: Why is the page title "Device Extended View"? Doesn't seem to fit....

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X