Clear All

• spknapp
    replied
    Just found this script

Awesome work! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• ameridan
    replied
    I've always used the title Organizing Events as I never understood that title that the original author (Jim) may have simply borrowed from another project .

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    DJF3,

Cool work! One question though: Why is the page title "Device Extended View"? Doesn't seem to fit....

Steve

Leave a comment:

• ameridan
    replied
    DJ,

Great job!! Everything works now, and the layout is nicer. The only change I made was adding border='0' to the image source line as I was getting a border around my EDIT gif

Leave a comment:

• DJF3
    replied
    Updated the script and added some features

version 0.6
    - Fixed sorting (now sorting by age)
    - Removed event group field (nicer lay-out)
    - Lay-out changes
    - You call 1 HTML which redirects to the latest .asp script
    (to preserve your bookmarks)
    http://www.domoticaworld.com/scripts...eer-event-age/
    Last edited by DJF3; July 8, 2012, 07:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ameridan
    replied
    DJ,

I tried out your version, and unlike the original script, the sort doesn't function for me. Also, in my mind, the entries older than 24 hours should be gray as I don't care about the events that ran 3 years ago

I've attached a txt file of my output using your script with ALL, ALL, DATE DESC. in case that helps you...

[EDIT] The filters work fine, but date asc & date desc don't work for me.

Dan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ameridan; July 4, 2012, 06:02 PM. Reason: tried filters

Leave a comment:

• DJF3
    replied
    Great script Jim!

I was actually working on the exact same thing but found that your programming skills are way better ;-)

Features Added
    - Filter for Event groups
    - Filter for minimum age
    - Events ran in last 24hrs are gray (as they probably are less important for the purpose of this script)
    - Lay-out changes

http://www.domoticaworld.com/scripts...eer-event-age/
    Of course I added links to your script, being the basis of this script.

Cheers!
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• Bill Brower
    replied
    Originally posted by stevea View Post
    Bill,
    The amount of disk space an Access database uses does not decrease unless the database is compacted. I have a script that I use to compact my databases, but I don't know that it would work on the Homeseer database. If you can open the database in Access (might need a password?), you can use the Tools in Access to compact it.
    Steve
    Thanks, I'll give it a try (yes, I have a backup )

Anything to streamline the system.
    Thank you for the explanation.

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
    Before cleaning out your events if you dont mind look at the size of your MDB.

I went from 465 events to 230 events (more than half deleted) and the size of my MDB reported by Windows did not decease one bit.
    Bill,
    The amount of disk space an Access database uses does not decrease unless the database is compacted. I have a script that I use to compact my databases, but I don't know that it would work on the Homeseer database. If you can open the database in Access (might need a password?), you can use the Tools in Access to compact it.
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• Bill Brower
    replied
    Before cleaning out your events if you dont mind look at the size of your MDB.

I went from 465 events to 230 events (more than half deleted) and the size of my MDB reported by Windows did not decease one bit.

Leave a comment:

• jsteed
    replied
    When I started looking I was amazed at how many events I had that haven't fired for 500+ days. Some I can remember setting up and why I set them up. It just doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I still have quite a few that I need to get clean out.
    jim

Leave a comment:

• stevea
    replied
    Way cool, Jim! Thanks for posting this. I agree with comments by others: This makes me want to go in and clean out some stuff that I never use any more.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• RAM
    replied
    The newest version runs fine for me too.
    Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• jkarney
    replied
    Jim,
    Worked like a champ. I really like this event ASP. I think I have some cleaning to do.

Thank you

Jim

Leave a comment:

• jsteed
    replied
    I think I got it. I think you had either an event or group name longer than the field lengths I assigned. I uploaded a new version. Try it and see if it works.
    jim

Leave a comment:

Working...
X