Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cumulus Weather Script

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    A Homeseer user contacted me and asked if I would convert my HS3 Cumulus Weather script to HS2 due to it's flexibility. As it was very easy to convert, I obliged!

    So, just to let you know, HS2 owners now have yet another choice with Cumulus data! As always it is on my site under HS2 downloads.
    Jon

    Comment


    • #77
      As usual Jon, you are a pro!

      Quick question: The event which runs your script must update on a recurring schedule in order for data to be continually updated in HS. Problem is, there is a time delay that can't be controlled from when cumulus writes data to the realtime.txt file to when your script is called. If, for example, cumulus updates every 30 seconds, and the script is called every 30 seconds, the update rate into HS could be as low as 31 seconds (if you are lucky), or as long as 59 seconds, and there is no way to control it. If you run the script more frequently such as 15 seconds, the best you can get is a 31 - 44 second window, and then the script is called for one time where no update will occur, creating unnecessary processing overhead.

      Do you know of any way to have the script called when the file updates? This would take a plugin I suppose, which watches for a file to be modified, then calls the script. I know there are "file watching" API's, but haven't tried writing a plugin so don't know how to do it. Seems like this should be a native trigger in HS, but not to date of course. THoughts?

      -BD

      Comment


      • #78
        I'm not sure why you want such instant weather updates as some Weather stations only update once a minute!

        I have never released it but I did write a file watcher unmanaged plugin for HS2 for an application I have. It triggers both events and scripts. If you want, I can dig it out and you can give it a whirl.
        Jon

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by BrunDog View Post

          Do you know of any way to have the script called when the file updates? This would take a plugin I suppose, which watches for a file to be modified, then calls the script. I know there are "file watching" API's, but haven't tried writing a plugin so don't know how to do it. Seems like this should be a native trigger in HS, but not to date of course. THoughts?

          -BD
          I've packaged up my File Watcher and written some docs. You can now download it from my site.
          Last edited by jon00; July 27th, 2014, 05:13 PM.
          Jon

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            I've packaged up my File Watcher and written some docs. You can now download it from my site.
            It's scary how you work. I think it, and you produce it... crazy!

            Thanks, will try and report back when I get on HS3 rollover again soon. I have a lock issue I am trying to work through right now.

            -BD

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              A Homeseer user contacted me and asked if I would convert my HS3 Cumulus Weather script to HS2 due to it's flexibility. As it was very easy to convert, I obliged!

              So, just to let you know, HS2 owners now have yet another choice with Cumulus data! As always it is on my site under HS2 downloads.
              Hi Jon, I just popped in here to see what is going on !
              now living in Italy, But my place here isn't quite as well equipped for automation. In fact I trashed my system while attempting a Windows 10 upgrade last year ! Probably because I was trying to do too much with my damaged brain LOL
              I still have Cumulus running, and I am a little tempted at trying to get HS running again, but I don't know whether I can find my licence detail to upgrade to HS3 Pro from my 2 Pro (but I was a bit shocked by the price when I looked !)

              Comment


              • #82
                Hi Richie,

                Good to see you on here again. I was not sure how things were going with your health.

                I'm sure you should be able to get you licence codes . Try here first!

                You can always run HS2 and then wait until Homeseer do a sale promotion. Black Friday is always good (25th November 2016) where they normally sell HS3 50% off the normal price.
                Jon

                Comment


                • #83
                  Hi Jon,
                  I am running your script.
                  I want to have an event on the sunny device to close my screen.
                  But the status is always 5.
                  I changed the ini file to:
                  [Device41]
                  DeviceName="Sunny"
                  ImageName="Sun.png"
                  DeviceText="<#sunny>"
                  DeviceValue="#sunny"
                  To see if it will change in 1 or 0, but that did not help.
                  How can I make the status to work?
                  Peter

                  http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Solved my problem.
                    Has to be:
                    DeviceValue="<#IsSunny>"

                    IsSunny will be 0 or 1
                    Is it possible to multiply the value with 100, so I get 0 and 100?
                    Peter

                    http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      No, it is fixed as specified in the realtime.txt file. You can always create an event to change it t0 100 if you wish.

                      BTW, the correct forum to post is here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163589
                      Jon

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X