No announcement yet.

Script Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rupp - yes I did thanks - I need to be at home as for some reason the VNC client won't let me logon from work. As soon as I get in I will post the results. Thanks for the follow up

Jon

Comment

Hi - I managed to get on - when I run that script I get an error

Running script, init error: Expected ')'

I tried a few options moving the () and removing the & but I get the same thing.

Jon

Comment

Sorry, This should work.

&msgbox("+++" & hs.deviceString ("&1") & "+++")
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp,

This is the result

Jon
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm totally confused. The code in post #13 should work then.

Comment

Ok thanks. I will approach it again this evening and see if I can determine why it isn't.

Thanks for your support

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                I'm totally confused. The code in post #13 should work then.
                Rupp,

I have a solution, but its doesn't explain the Russound device oddness.

I have added a virtual device that changes to On or Off based on the Russound being turned on or off. I then base my script on the status of this device rather than the Russound. It works, so I'm happy, but I wish I knew why the Russound device didn't work directly.

Thanks for all you help. I am learning fast thanks to your input

Jon

Comment

Yes that is an odd one. There has to be something else in that deviceString to prevent the matching.

Comment

Working...
                  X