X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CNN Breaking News

Hello,
    just updated to 2.3.0.19 and am getting the following error:
    3/17/2009 2:04:12 PM - Error - In URLAction GET: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
    It was happening every 5 min. until I disabled my CNN Breaking News script, which recurs every 3 min. The only place I find anything in the script is here:
    body = hs.URLAction(site & page,"GET","","")
    and this looks ok to me. Anyone else having problems?

I wasnt having any problems, until I had a computer problem. I am trying to rebuild everything. I am at a stopping point with CNN news. I did have it working, now I dont know how I did it. I am not sure what this really means in the instructions. I confused where is "Scripts/Speech" tab.

3a) select custom_cnn.txt to run in the "Scripts/Speech" tab

Could someone help me?
    Thanks,
    Dan
    danielbo

Comment

***bump***

Is anyone else having problems with this script? Mine hasn't worked since around my upgrade, but I'm not positive it's the culprit.

Comment

Works for me and I'm on 2.3.0.52.

Comment

Works Great Here 2.3.0.55

Thom

Comment

Well I switched to the VB version and now it works. I've been slow in getting everything converted over, but I guess I'd better get moving.

Comment

That is great, but I am dont know how to convert to VB. Mine was running fine, but I had to rebuild my computer and now I am having some problems with my scripts. I think it is maybe how I have it installed. I dont know how I did it once and now I dont understand. On a lot of meds right now,so I think is make my mine slower then normal. I am really hating it, that my homeseer was working great, we moved and something happened to my computer. I am getting it all back but slowly,and really the two the I use is weather script and CNN. These are the only two I use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
              Thanks guys,
              Dan
              danielbo

Comment

Dan,
                Sorry you're having trouble. Much of the instructions are in the script itself, but here goes. Create a recurring event - I have mine set to trigger every 3 min. Under the Action tab, select the cnn_custom.vb to run. Now save the event. Then click on "Edit" and "Advanced view" and ujnder Optional Parameters, type this in ("GetIniValues","edit") Now you just want to Update and Test. This will run the initial config for you. You'll need your device codes, etc. that you used before. Note: the config box may come up under your existing window, so just minimize it. Hope this helps and hope you are well soon.

Comment

Thank you, seems to be working now. Its great to have people like you that is willing to help others.
                  Dan
                  danielbo

Comment

Is it me or does anyone else notice that CNN has lowered it's standards (putting it mildly)?
                    I mean who cares that Ashton Kutcher is first to reach 1 million followers in Twitter contest with CNN ??? Everyone knows that Ashton Kutcher is a TWIT anyway! (OK, that's my opinion)
                    Surely there's real news out there that could be alerting me. I remember when CNN meant News, not total irrelaveNce.

Is the BBC any more apropos?

Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

They have to keep up with Fox and the other Infotainment sources somehow. I used to love Larry King, but now you get maybe one or two serious subjects a week and the rest of the time it's OctoMom or something silly.

Comment

Perhaps so, and that's a sad testimony in itself, but really, the sensationalism shouldn't have to extend to the Breaking News email.
                        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                        X