[Script] Translate and/or repeat X10 commands to other devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Script] Translate and/or repeat X10 commands to other devices

I have lots of devices scattered around my house, and was looking for a way to use my remote controls (palm pads, pronto, RF, etc.) effeciently. The solution I came up with was to primarily give each remote it's own house code, and have the "close-by" lights be directly controlled and the rest of the buttons used for macro-type actions.

However, I was not looking forward to setting up as many events as it would take to remap on, off, dim, and bright commands for 3 palm pads and a pronto, so I wrote this script to do the translation for me with one event only.

* Create a new event and set it to X10 reception for the house/unit you want to be the trigger ("A1" for example), and "any" for the action.

* Set the script action to something like this:
    remote_translate.txt("main", "A1:B2+9+15") or
    remote_translate.txt("main", "A1:B3+5;C7")

The input to the main function is two parts - the triggering house code, ":", and destination devices separated by ";". Notice you can include multiple devices from the same house code in one command by using the "+" sign. These devices will work more or less in synch (at least that's the theory [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ), and then the next command will be issued.

The beauty of it is that all commands are repeated, so you only need one event to let a single address on your remote control an entire room - on, off, dim and bright!
    Attached Files
Working...
X