[scripts][Perl] Perl Example Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[scripts][Perl] Perl Example Package

This package contains 28 of the original VB scripts which come with Homeseer, only I've converted them to Perl.

Some of you have expressed interest in seeing Perl script examples for use in HS, I hope folks find this package useful as a nice little tutorial.

I've left the original authors comments in place and used the same variable names to make comparing the Perl version to the VB version painless. (well almost) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] There are a couple of places where I have replaced entire functions with a regular expression, these are commented as such.

Some of the scripts were VERY simple conversions while others were quite time consuming. But I learned a lot about VB at the same time. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Enjoy.

-Dave

--- Notes ---

The scripts that I haven't converted are:

-These are critical to Homeseer so I left them be.
    save_state.txt
    startup.txt
    shutdown.txt
    restore.txt

-I don't have a TX15b installed yet, or a garage so these will be done at a later date
    rcs_tx15b.thm
    rcs_tx15bpoll.thm
    sense_garage_door.txt

-These are being done in the very near future
    get_quotes.txt - need to configure VR first
    read_messages.txt - need to configure mail on the box first
    check_alarm.txt - need to purchase a tabletop transmitter for debugging first

[This message was edited by Nitrox on Saturday, 09 February 2002 at 11:03 PM.]
    Attached Files
Working...
X