Notification plug-in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notification plug-in?

My searches did not come up with anything useful, so before I attempt to reinvent the wheel I want to ask if any one knows of a good open ended, extensible, notification plug-in?

Also note I don't like using scripts. When ever I move/extend devices around I then have to modify the scripts for the new device codes, and I can see the control logic right there in the event... I don't have to look at the script source. Also I am [was cause I do more project/people management things now] C++/C# developer and VB is the spawn of the devil. Curse you right pinky finger for auto pressing semicolon!

• My idea is to write a plug-in so that you get a nice action interface
    • The user would define users, notification types, and any necessary config data (similar to the Reminders and Users tab but more powerful)
    • The user would define the UI to configure the data needed for a notification, the plug-in would then render it for you
    • When triggered the plug-in would call out to a script for the notification type
    • I would supply many of these scripts, but if a user comes up with a new notification type you write a script to enable that transport mechanism

In my example I would use the following:

Users: Bill
    Notification types: Email home, email work, email other, text message, voice announcement, phone message, LEDAM sign
    Config data: email address, phone number, "sign name"
    Notification transport scripts: email, dial and announce, announce, interface with LEDAM

Events might look like this:

Trigger: New voice mail left
    Condition: Bill is home
    Condition: Bill is awake
    Action: Notify via speaker (the plug-in calls out to the speaker script)
    Action: Notify via LEDAM message (the plug-in calls out of the LEDAM interface script)

Condition: Bill is home
    Condition: Bill is passed out drunk
    Action: Queue notification for the speaker (the plug-in calls out to the speaker queue script)

Trigger: Bill gets his *** out of bed
    Action: Announce queued notifications to the speaker (the plug-in calls out to the speaker script)

Condition: Bill is not home
    Condition: Its a work day
    Action: Notify via work email (the plug-in calls out to the email script)

Condition: Bill is not home
    Condition: It is not working hours
    Action: Notify via personal email (the plug-in calls out to the email script)
    Action: Notify via text message (the plug-in calls out to the text message script)

But now I want to extend it tweet, cause I'm a hipster... well write script that can interface with Twitter, define a new notification type and add/modify an event to use the new notification type. Oh a new brain implantable short range speaker client was invented.. let me write an interface for that....

Does anything like this currently exist?
Working...
X