Sunrise clock (Slow dim) - Simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunrise clock (Slow dim) - Simple

A sunrise clock or sunrise alarm is an alarm which slowly, very slowly dims a light from zero to maximum to imitate the rising of the sun. It is claimed that such a sunrise clock can ascertain that you wake up in a more natural, and so more refreshed way.

I have read the topic of the sunrise clock of Shaunco (or see sunrise clock for more information). I liked the idea very much and I like the script.

I just do not like, in general, scripts which run a long time. I also, in general, dislike the WaitSecs, Sleep, WaitEvents or similar commands since they tend to keep the processor working very hard at doing nothing.

I used to have my own "sunrise" which were three individual events, spaces 5 minutes apart, the first one dimming my light to 30%, the second dimming the same light to 65% and the last one to 100%. I do happen to dislike a large number of events.

So, I wrote an alternative for the sunrise alarm. Simply create a event which calls the function like zonneklok.txt("main", <START> ), whith <START> the intensity level, and homeseer will gradually increase the intensity of the light from <START> to maximum by one step a minute, without keeping a script running. The rest of the explanation is in the script.

The script is by far not as advances as Shaunco's script, but when I have some time I will create a more advanced version soon with some of the features of the original slow dim script.

Comment is welcome,

Richard
    Attached Files
Working...
X