Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherMan - Replacement for Weather Report2

Attached find the latest beta of WeatherMan. This is an Updated version of
    Weather_Report2, as such uses the same icon structure as Weather Report. The
    Following is a quick summary of features that have been added.

HS INI support with WeatherMan.ini file, Requires 1.5.39 or better of Homeseer.
    mod'ed to use the AT&T voices better, the script sounds GREAT.
    Added logic to attempt the same site more than one time for bad page gets.
    Added support for secondary zip code when the data returned is N/A
    Added logic to calc the current expected temp during a day based
    on high and low avg for the month or actural daily temps (this data must be
    added to the INI file)
    Script now speaks as follows:
    > Please wait while I check the weather,
    > The conditions for Springboro are, Cloudy.
    > The average expected temperature is 57 degrees Fahrenheit.
    > The current temperature is a few degrees below the average at 53 degrees
    > Fahrenheit. Wind Chill 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
    > The wind is from the West at 10 miles per hour, and the humidity is at 57 %.
    > Visibility is Unlimited.
    > The dew point is 38 degrees Fahrenheit. The barometric pressure is 30.00
    > inches Steady .

Added support for UV, when it is not 0
    Added Alert for Fog possible conditions based if remember right, I think it's
    dew point + or - 3 deg from current temp. If this is not correct please let me know.
    Added a new vdev which contains only the data from the look ups. Useful to parse
    and use for specifics. I only use one device, but someone could use more.
    ie from log:
    The conditions for Springboro are, Fair.
    The average expected temperature is 59 degrees Fahrenheit.
    The current temperature is slightly above the average at 67 degrees Fahrenheit .
    The wind is from the South at 3 miles per hour, and the humidity is at 93 %. Visibility is Unlimited.
    The dew point is 65 degrees Fahrenheit. The barometric pressure is 30.03 inches and Steady .

This is what is stored in the vdev for the above run of WeatherMan:
    5/28/2002,10:11:59 PM,67,8,93,65,30.03 <<< This is the data that would be available

The parts are doc'ed in the script, but I will document and create a small script to parse.

There have been many changes in logic where errors were found. Clean up in functions and subs
    I am posting only the new Script and INI to determine what may have changed. It would be
    possible to install the previous Weather_Report2 and just copy these scripts in place. I
    will post a full package once a stable version has been verified.

This script can be run along with the Weather Report script as all the icons are used the same
    in both. This should allow the testing and migration for everyone to the new script.

Ver 06_03_2002a adds the ability to select which values are spoken. As well as the ability to have multiple events call the script with different values.

6/5/02 - Added WeatherMan_Create_Vdevs.txt to the zip file. Script should allow the automatic creation of weather devices for WeatherMan.

6/15/02 - Weather.com changed their page, this update was patched to work for those changes. Currently the 36 hr forecast does not work and has been commented out. WeatherMan_Create_Vdevs has been updated to create devices from WeatherMan.ini. If the Vdevs exist for the DataOnly devices then these devices will also be created. The script can now be run more than once and will issue a message in the log if the device exists and will not create this device.

7/16/02 - Major UPDATE, The WM script has had about 70% rebuilt. There is now an Include file that does all the parsing of data from Weather.com and passes this info back to the WM script. Please BACKUP your current scripts before installing this new version. The icons are available in the Discussion Forum, as there were a few logic changes to which icons are displayed, or just check the ChgCondIcon function for current icon values.

Please post questions and comments to the Scripts Discussion Forum . There will also be additional add-on files in this forum.

[This message was edited by Mike Hunter on Wednesday, 17 July 2002 at 12:03 AM.]

[This message was edited by Mike Hunter on Wednesday, 17 July 2002 at 12:08 AM.]

Added the current WeatherCom_Parse.inc to the package. This is the only change. This file can also be downloaded from the discussion thread.

[This message was edited by Mike Hunter on Friday, 24 January 2003 at 12:08 AM.]
    Attached Files
Working...
X